Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bring Out The Dancers Happy Haul

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4679 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  4:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Well today I went around my banks as I do and change rolls over looking for goodies. Some tellers know and I ask for .50 and nickel or silver dollars and get told NO.

Well to I got $27 in .50 I got 1969 - no 70 and at least one from each year to 1985.

Went to another bank and on the desk she had 6 boxes of cents I know I wouldn't get them but I tried, I even opened one and saw some wrapped in reg. paper, I said "I'll bring you a pizza" she said she can't do it but I have these 2 rolls from the same person.

Have not opened yet will let you know what I find.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
30049 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
78656 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8219 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you mcshilling, I guess that the banks will not do any outgoing cent coins since they have stopped making them?
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6733 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you - your haul is beyond my subject area knowledge ... but I can read your excitement and energy for it.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6129 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - I used to always go to banks whenever I was in Canada (frequent) and know how hard it was back then to get half dollars. I even had some banks back then tell me Canada did not make them!

Nice haul overall!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Edited by Earle42
10/23/2018 6:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4679 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments guys and yes once the teller has the cents they are not supposed to let them go but I have got them from customers before the teller got them.

The .50 had a few keepers the rest will go back in the wild.

Now the roll of 1966 and earlier .25
1939-43(2)-48-50(2)-52-58-59(2)-60(3)-61(4)-62(4)-63(4)-
64(3)-65(8)-66(4)
All in the VG to F and the 1968 roll is all nickel with a couple of keepers.
Edited by mcshilling
10/23/2018 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that's a good day. Congrat's.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10975 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
4012 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent haul.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4679 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again guys, first time in over a decade I got lucky.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8219 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  10:12 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05