Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 9,808Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found a dollar couple nights ago.

I've been expecting my nightly finds to diminish. there are some places that I don't go trollin' thru now cos some places are not open. if they're not open, ppl won't be losing money there.. but apparently the magic dollars are still appearing.

the landscaping won't save you from me, george......
Learn More...
United States
86395 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not complaining, just thinking aloud. I'm a beneficiary of others' fiscal imprudence, so I have no complaint.

Quote:
found a dollar couple nights ago.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i go out each night thinking that i'll probably not find much.

i keep thinking that my nightly finds will diminish, due to the societal changes happening now. I keep thinking that eventually ppl will begin saving their change instead of chucking it.

last night, I found this in one parking lot:

twenty cents someone dumped from their car.

later on in another parking lot I walked into this:

let's zoom in on that picture:

coins were scattered all around this area, many up against the curb. someone launched a huge amount of change into the area where the tankers unload gasoline. took me a bit to pick it all up. much of it had the appearance of having sat in a vehicle, all the coins looked 'cooked', sittin in a car in florida heat, some were moderately cruddy, many had road rash from being driven over.

i didn't bother to count it as I picked it all up, saved that chore for when I got home.

so it was penny night, largely. 192 of them... along with sixty-five cents in nickels & dimes. no wheaties or anything interesting, just a lot of crud & road rash. lol..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!

I was walking the dog and someone threw out brand new Mercedes Benz all weather floor mats, I put them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace, I got an offer today, lets see if he shows up. I may have made cash from trash :)
Learn More...
United States
86395 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am surprised you find so much these days. Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nightly finds are diminishing. lotta places shuttered, no visitors, restricted travel = less and less found change. my finds aren't what they used to be, but it hasn't shut off completely. ppl are still chucking change, for now.

cash from trash is good. I don't typically see much junk/stuff I can extract cash from. in fact I haven't found any decent junk in a long while.
Edited by MrPink2018
03/27/2020 3:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unlike Mr. Pink, I don't generally find much loose change (most was 98 cents at one time), but people throw out a lot of brand new stuff. I have no issues picking up things that have value. I've found plastic models, baseball cards, books, furniture, stereo equipment, tools (all working) and have sold these. Last Monday, I was walking the dog and someone threw out brand new Mercedes E Class all weather floor mats. They had a little dirt from being outside, but they cleaned up really nice. This is what they looked liked when I got them home. They look like they were never used.

I put them for sale on Facebook Marketplace and got $40 for them.

Using the $40, I picked up a Mint State Indian Head cent.

Alchemy > Turning Plastic > Into Paper > Into Treasure
Edited by hfjacinto
03/31/2020 11:13 am
Learn More...
United States
86395 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Alchemy > Turning Plastic > Into Paper > Into Treasure
Well done.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3728 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done hfjacinto. It's true that one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few months ago, another couple threw out 2 stained glass lamps that are made in the USA. I may have more Alchemy coming soon. I'm not selling the stained glass lamps, those are several hundred dollars each, but I am selling the ones that I used to have :)
Learn More...
United States
86395 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I may have more Alchemy coming soon.

Quote:
I'm not selling the stained glass lamps ... but I am selling the ones that I used to have :)
Upgrades!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26716 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome finds MrPink2018 and hfjacinto!
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I found 3 20 dollar bills frozen next to the curb on my street... Terrible wind that day so the snow had drifted just enough to see the tip of a bill, I had to break the rest free and I let the ice melt.

Also on the same page... cleaning out the garage and making money off of eBay to expand the collection!
regards, Jasper- "river4449"

PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Learn More...
United States
86395 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last year I found 3 20 dollar bills frozen next to the curb on my street...
Very nice!

Quote:
Also on the same page... cleaning out the garage and making money off of eBay to expand the collection!
Well done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last year I found 3 20 dollar bills frozen next to the curb on my street.

HEY Those are mine!! I'll PM you my address, I expect them sent overnight
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 176 / Views: 9,808Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05