Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions Are Like A Paper Cut, They Hurt At Times.............

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  08:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been on this forum for a while. I use to engage others for a Great debate,I still do, Alot of "others " have left this site for ? Reasons unknown, They brought their knowledge and We all would discuss the topics of the moment and usually We all would come away with knowing more afterwards then prior. It seems to Me that some things are still that way. It also seems that there are more ' new blood ' in the arena then Ever before, that's a Great thing. What I also believe is that the NB people too need and sholud have here at the " Coin Community Forum ", the right to their ways and beliefs. They Should receive ANY knowledge and information that We can help with. The coin collector's of the 60's are a passing breed, IMO, and that said I wish to touch on another topic. The "opinions " being TOLD to one another are seemingly cold and have the sense of this is the way it is and IF not, I am taking My ball and going home Attitude. WHY are people so that way. What ever happened to sharing Our opinions and seeking more knowledge for the better of us all. I KNOW there are massive amounts of experience here, How about We make an exerted effort to tone down the rhetoric and accusations IE that is false, Wrong, Blah, blah, blah................. Knowledge is a wonderful fuse, it lights up the people around us all for the better of the collecting World. I am in no way trying to be rude or obnoxious, I am trying to avoid the need for member's and the Admin's to stop the forcing and apparent rude statments from happening here again. Enjoy the things You all collect with the openmindedness of other people's choices and ways of doing things without the unnessessary rude remarks, Be Well...........
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19771 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few of the worst offenders have been removed fairly recently. Tough decisions, but they have to be made. Constant rude and condescending remarks, especially to new members, will get people removed. Doesn't matter how many posts or how long they've been here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, You're a Class Act........
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26345 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No three strikes your out rule That would seem fair.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1931 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well said and agree 100%. My policy is that opinions are what they are and if I don't agree, I scroll on by. Glad the admins are proactive in warning/cutting the butt-heads.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccobb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well said!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1602 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of the friendliest places on the internet, however!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33392 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's for sure.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19771 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No three strikes your out rule That would seem fair.

We gave literally years of persistent strikes. Dozens of warnings. Some people just have that personality that must push the envelope in whatever they do. I'm sure most everyone has at least one person they know like this.

Don't forget, you don't see 98% of the crap because the Staff removes it quickly. It's easy to say "Oh, they didn't deserve this" when you don't see most of the crap.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is one of the friendliest places on the internet, however!

and sincerely hope it remains that way for a loooooong time.
Three cheers to the staff for keeping the wheat separated from the chaff.
Edited by mysilveryears
03/15/2019 11:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I realized I posted this topic in the wrong place, long after my original post, I also realized the topic will not be addressed here and I will repost the topic under another name where all concerned in the coin collecting passionate world of collectors here will see and reply to the topic, I was originally touching on, Thank You to whoever moved this topic to the " proper " section........ PS, I really feel this forum is a friendly place, I do not wish to see that change anytime soon.....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33392 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest, I see little evidence of your complaints. Very difficult to reply to this assertion without specific examples.

Please be specific -
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NOT my style. If your interactions here are rude-proof, for You, Then all is fine, for You...... Being a name caller or pointing the finger at people, is not my intention........ My thoughts on this topic are clear, just try to not be rude calling people out for their opinions be wrong?
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccobb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mogans dad ...perfect response to coinfrog! He has been very rude to me several times. The last coin I posted was a 1964 Kennedy half and he called it "JUNK" Just not nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
676 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen several examples of seemingly condescending comments towards other collectors and their finds from numerous people. I will not name names either as I don't want to stir up trouble. I tend to just ignore them and leave a thoughtful comment to the OP instead. That being said, I've also seen a lot of good on the forum and I know that the staff on here as well as the community as a whole tries and succeeds at keeping the place friendly!
Lincoln cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Jefferson nickels - Done / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 10 holes /
Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 7 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes
Other works in progress - Barber-SLQ combined / Indian Head cents / 7070 / WLH-Franklin combined

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33392 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When people ask for an opinion, I just give them an honest one. I don't mean to offend in any way and apologize if I have done so to anyone.

If I used the work "junk" it was simply to denote "junk silver" (a common term for melt value) and nothing more.
Edited by Coinfrog
03/16/2019 2:39 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05