Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Ebay Change Started

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12939 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  4:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another eBay change has started that was in the last seller update. Be careful timing your BIN listings now as the only option for fixed price listings is now the Good Till Canceled option. No more 30 days or other options. Another poor change by eBay in my opinion

If you mistime the starting days for your listings so that they overlap to much you'll automatically get charged listing fees when they relist if your free ones have run out.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
7178 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know. Will have to keep an eye out for that one. I relisted a couple of days ago, and I still had the 30 day option. Fortunately I don't list many items, so my free listings rarely run out, but they have a few time in the past. Nice going ebay! :(
Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I found out the hard way...tried a revision: Failed; called to find out what I had to do to REVISE...No longer available, 30 Day Buy It Now is gone, replaced with "Good till Cancel" (Sounds expensive). Only selling 10-12% listings in Store, last twelve years: maybe time to move (hopefully lower expenses with higher sales). ANY Suggestions? (Even if lower expenses lower sales is an option and I can work upwards on sales)...Suggestions?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They tried to portray this as a benefit to sellers—keep your items listed so you don't miss out on a sale... but they failed to mention that you may inadvertently incur listing fees. I suppose you could always cancel the listing and relist when you have free listings available. Nice that eBay is making things more complicated for sellers...!
Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will think about for couple of months and see how this change plays out... I have been using the revision feature; quite a bit, and I am sure Ebay has that kind of activity: BIG TIME. I use the feature as a trial area for item products and higher prices (you could always move downwards on price but if the item has very little interest, you can not sell it for even .99 cents).

Result of change: Realistically, list items that will sell at affordable price (as you may have cancel relist at lower price).

This change has had serious impact on some other Seller's Business but on mine, some but not much (cost per listing due to increase). I have felt for some time my efforts and business may be better appreciated elsewhere...but where. Suggestions?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05