Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Quarter Question!?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  02:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Snoopyloc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi is my 1965 quarter valuable? Color and printing looks bit off. Is it garbage or I'm looking at something special?
Learn More...
United States
13948 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  02:43 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I split your post to the appropriate section for the proper attention.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing seems to make the coin have any value. Just so you know, quarters past the date of 1964 have some silver content in them, that's when they become more valuable.
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get - Forrest Gump

Finally building up my own Lincoln Cent Collection! Check it out here: http://goccf.com/t/349472
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopyloc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He said "quarters after 1964 has silver in it so makes it more valuable." Well what year is 1965?
Learn More...
United States
13948 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  05:33 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think his wording was a little off. The last silver US quarter for circulation has the date of 1964. Circulation quarters starting in 1965 are clad.

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopyloc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh ok I see. If you look under magnify and zoom closer I think can notice error. Like the word (LIBERTY) has shadow print like double print?
Learn More...
United States
13948 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  05:47 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is most likely Machine Doubling (MD). Can you post a closeup of that area?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11492 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@snooploc, first welcome to CCF. Second, even if there is minor Machine Doubling, the damage and wear to this coin mean that it is only worth face value.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep sorry, my wording was off, I just woke up when I typed that.
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get - Forrest Gump

Finally building up my own Lincoln Cent Collection! Check it out here: http://goccf.com/t/349472
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3434 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36740 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toxic coin - spend it!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6999 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As stated, worth 25 cents. Spend it.
Also coins are not printed, paper currency is printed.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Learn More...
United States
72256 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18056 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Yes that coin has seen better days. Lots of what appears as damaged.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05