Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Love It! May Have To Copy And Paste This Into All My Auctions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  4:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
But I will substitute "lure" for "coin". This guy starts all his auctions at 99 cents with free shipping. And as you see, he takes no prisonors. I jest makes em walk the plank.

Here is what is on all his auctions"

"Your want a description? Here's your description:

I'm selling coins and currency to serious buyers who want good deals and don't need to be coddled the entire way.If that's you, join the fun.If not, just keep on looking elsewhere because you're not worth by trouble.

Answers to common questions:

DOMESTIC Shipping is FREE, I still get Questions every single day from folks who can't seem to figure out the giant FREE SHIPPING Banner on every page.

FOREIGN Shipping:IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE ITEM IN THE QUEUE, WAIT FOR YOUR INVOICE BEFORE PAYING!!

FOREIGN STARTS AT $13.99, no exceptions, no matter how much you try to convince me you can get a better deal elsewhere.That's the base cost for an international first class package!That's the way it is.

I DO COMBINE shipping costs WHEN available.E-delcon countries or known parties, is usually close to base cost. HIGH VALUE ITEMS, USUALLY AROUND $200 or more, or to unknown parties, expect to pay $35.99 for registered or $66.99 for Express Mail Services.

NON "E-DELCON COUNTRIES":YOUR SHIPPING IS HIGHER BECAUSE OF TRACKING REQUIREMENTS AND IS BASED ON RISK ASSESMENT. See above for basic requirements

Commonly asked questions:

Q. "Is this coin (Insert precious metal here)"

A.You figure it out.If you don't know what you are looking at, do some research.

Q.Do You Combine Shipping?
A.Can't you read?

Q. I bought this my mistake, can you cancel?
A.I'll go ahead and start that unpaid item case for you

Q.I'd like to return a TPG (PCGS, NGC, ANACS, PMG) certified item
A.Welcome to my BBL List and various other industry blacklists of my choosing (There are FEW exceptions, I have encountered misattributions on more obscure coins that significantly affect value more frequently.That's legitimate)

Q. Why are you so mean?
A. Because a person really develops some think skin after years of putting up with nonsense.I provide Numismatic items at no reserve, with plenty of bargain opportunities, I expect buyers to put forth some effort in taking the time to research the items they are buying.This is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun.99.999% of folks have that figured out.You can to.

Q.I'd like to return this item because of a genuine issue (Wrong item sent, it happens, nobody's perfect.There are other real reasons)
A.Go ahead and initiate a return using the returns center, you will receive a label at our cost and be refunded upon receipt AND Inspection.

Q. I'd like to return an item for a frivolous reason (I already had one, my dog/cat/toddler placed an absentee bid).
A.You'd be surprised how many dogs/cats/toddler's know how to login, search for items that their parents routinely buy, and go through the four step process of placing a bid.You'd be really surprised how many dogs/cats/toddlers seem to know the exact market price of a coin for that matter.Just cut the baloney. Expect a few unkind words if I think your story don't hold water.

Q.I have a resale license, can you remove the sales tax?
A.For California, ONLY If we have a SIGNED PHYSICAL COPY of your resale card on file and it passes verification and is up to date.

For the new Interstate sales tax.As of February 28, I CANNOT Remove out of state sales tax.That will likely change at some point.Please refer to the Wayfair vs. South Dakota supreme court ruling and it's repercussions.This issue is big and not easily resolved at the moment.

Q. I'm located outside the US, Why do I not see tracking immediately?
A. Simply put, because of the extra paper work for NON E-Delcon Countries or registered or express mail, we only ship International once or twice a week.Certain countries do not have delivery date parameters and those cause a huge delay for us.Be patient.It's coming.If you don't have delivery within 30 days for registered, or two weeks for express, then please notify us."

Valued Member
Australia
249 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No matter how amusing and tongue in cheek some of this is I personally would hit the back button.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No matter how amusing and tongue in cheek some of this is I personally would hit the back button.

What gets me is how they have a 30-day return policy but his Q&A section is so discouraging. Returning a TPG-certified item? Blacklisted. Returning for a frivolous reason? They'll tell me off. Thank you, but no. I found one of their listings and they don't have the best pictures in the world. If the coin I receive has a problem that's not visible in the pics, that's partly my fault for buying it in the first place, but certainly a valid reason for a return.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2572 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny that he charges $13.99 for international. I get packages from the US for only a few dollars shipping.

For that reason alone I would not bother with this seller.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12139 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Funny that he charges $13.99 for international. I get packages from the US for only a few dollars shipping.

Canada is a cheaper rate from the US than other countries.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, I think I knew exactly who you were talking about just from reading the topic title.

Yeah the description is pretty rude, but the guy lists TONS of harder-to-find world coins on the regular and usually in decent quality. I've gotten more than a few fantastic deals on his auctions. Runs a pretty efficient operation in my experience; never had a problem. (and the free domestic shipping is awesome)
Edited by Kefiroth
03/21/2019 10:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3130 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't blame the seller - be one and see what it is like in his / her shoes.

I had some nasty experience as a seller a while back and ebay sides with the buyers in many of my cases. One time a buyer was whinging about his late delivery and wanted where it was at. Problem is he paid for the cheapest service with no tracking and I have already mentioned it in the listing. No and no, he did not take that as an answer. He decided to buy a couple more lots and made a bigger fuss about the shipping times which I mentioned that it was out of my control. He had the balls to file in "item did not receive report" only to received them a couple of days later. Of course he did mark down literally everything on the sellers ratings - pretty obvious when I don't do a lot of sales and they show up like a sore thumb. Would you want a buyer like him?

Needless to say, not all buyers are like him but it doesn't make selling any pleasant.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the same problems with shipping fees and combined purchases as the guy I quoted. Many bidders just don't read the boiler plate info before they bid and pay. Then they want a discount after it is too late - multiple packages already shipped.

My BBL sadly has hundreds of blocked bidders. It be the plank fer them lubbers who cross swords with the Ol' Cap. I purrty much have the same attitude as the swab quoted above but just haven't expressed it in me auctions the way he does!

I have been very lucky with shipments and only had a few go missing or damaged out of thousands sent via USPS 1st Class or Priority. And USPS insurance is a waste of money. When something disappears, they will do everything to avoid paying the claim. I now use Auctiva to prepare my auctions and insure packages. They have been excellent in settling my claims (2) and cost less than USPS.
Edited by John K
03/22/2019 09:52 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05