Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New 2019 Proof Set Came In!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  10:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My first ever proof set! Just got it in the mail yesterday, after a long and tedious out ordering process. (It was originally shipped on the 5th but had to be returned two weeks in due to address discrepancies. Ordered it again on Tuesday and finally got it a mere four days later) Anyway, I'm happy to announce I'm pleased with the purchase across the board; the standard issue proof pieces all look spectacular, and even the premium cent isn't even that bad. Based on it's shotty reputation, with most consumers reporting some level of tarnishing, there's only one blemish I found with this, being on the obverse directly underneath the 'In' in 'In God We Trust.' The reverse is more or less perfect, nothing of damage here. How does this compare to your respective purchases and premium cents?

Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, any minuscule specks you see are from the outer covering of the cardboard cent holder containing the coin; the camera greatly enhances the appearance of stuff like that. The same can also be said for some reflection at Lincoln's shoulders in one of the pics, I tried to minimize that as much as possible but for those wondering, they definitely aren't more smudges.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterJ616 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is already a running thread discussing this set and cent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3269 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your first proof set! Looks very nice overall and similar to mine. The bonus penny could be better, could be worse.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm aware J616, but this is an overview of the set as a whole, not just the premium cent. Didn't feel like this post really needed to be there.
Edited by BrandaBob
03/24/2019 1:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2806 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BrandaBob, To the Coin Collecting Family, Also congrats on obtaining your first proof set and bonus Cent, which is a sweet bonus. I wish the 2019-W Cent was made with the older planchets, More copper, lasts longer too....PS, The newer Cents are more than 99% zinc and electroplated with copper, about 8/10's of one percent.... ( garbage ) JMO
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05