Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Sellers Selling The Same Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2221 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  10:14 pm Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I assume this is the same person, with multiple accounts, but is this even allowed?

eBay item number:

eBay item number:
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2203 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the same seller with different Ebay IDs.
Learn More...
Canada
8493 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One is on eBay.ca and the other is on eBay.com...

Shrug - I can barely find the time to list a handful of items on my eBay store... I can't imagine doing it twice...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One is on eBay.ca and the other is on eBay.com...
They're both on eBay.com, but one is listed in Canadian dollars.

Does seem to be a case of the seller having two IDs. I can't say if that's allowed, but I don't like it.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1510 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, one is on ebay.ca and one on ebay.com. Ebay.com generally pulls in the listings from both so you may think both are on ebay.com. .

I doubt anything nefarious here. By using both ebay sites you get 2x the number of free listings. It's probably just a listing error by the seller. Not so hard to do if you are listing 500 things a month on 2 eBay stores.
Valued Member
Australia
246 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I doubt anything nefarious here. By using both ebay sites you get 2x the number of free listings. It's probably just a listing error by the seller. Not so hard to do if you are listing 500 things a month on 2 eBay stores

Why do a lot of people think the worst of sellers?..It's a stupid ebay rule anyway
Valued Member
Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  01:23 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks okay to me. You can have multiple accounts. Both are in France and have been on ebay since 2004 and 2005. The first is registered as a business account, so it was probably a store that decided to sell on-line. Remember that as a lone seller, you can sell approx. $30,000 Cdn. before Canada goes after taxes (France?). As a business account, you're fair game right away. One ID may be for their ebay.com store and the other for the ebay.ca site, since Quebec used French coins and colonial tokens for many years.
Let's say Mary sells world coins in her ebay store and Joe sells Canadian coins sporadically, and their stock is alphabetically sorted, their items may overlap. Maybe in this case it did.
Edited by TerryT
04/19/2019 01:41 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2203 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having multiple Ebay accounts is OK.

Where you get into big trouble with the Ebay police is when you use your second account to place a bid on your first account.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05