Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can I Have Help Identifying These Bulgarian Cup Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
Got some more cup coins from Bulgaria that I can't quite identify.

Top left is 0.7g, top right is 2.9g, and the bottom one is 1.5g.

THANKS!

Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The top right seems to have the lettering beside the person holding the patriarchal cross.
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, my cyrillic doesn't show on the forum.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2635 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hmm, my cyrillic doesn't show on the forum.
Don't think it's supposed to, sadly. I usually try to approximate with Greek.
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I was saying was that the top right looked like it had "OΠ AI" or "OΠ M"
Learn More...
United States
22287 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would help if you took a closer picture of one coin at a time.
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@echizento I got better photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
4173 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot make out the details on #2 but, based on the cross, perhaps?:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=1223190

Learn More...
United States
22287 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, looks like you might be able to clean some of the dirt off the first one. I believe #2 is Constantine I Tikh Asen. https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=358506
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i assume it is konstantin tih but the ones you are showing dont quite match up with my coin.

But I think kostantin was the only one to use that type of cross
Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The the full set of the Dumbarton Oaks catalogues is free to download. Much better deal than $1000 for the print version . I believe the Bulgarian coins are covered in volume 4.2:
https://www.doaks.org/research/publ...collection-4
Edited by Kushanshah
05/09/2019 7:17 pm
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Kushanshah Boy I sure love it when catalogues are for free.
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is really great, I have several bags of mixed byzantine coins that I can no identify.

@Kushanshah many thanks for sharing that
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leipeneier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I contacted a friend and he says the 2 big coins are konstantin and the small on is ivan aleksandar.

thanks for your help
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05