Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1986 D Nickel With A Very Thick Rim

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 757Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  11:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CarGuyKier to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a 1986 D Jefferson nickel coin roll hunting that has an extra thick rim. Could anyone tell me how much it is worth and why it has a thick rim?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2508 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need to see it to say for sure. Could be spooned...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3173 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without pictures...I'm guessing dryer coin....
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4208 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mike D. had an article in Coin World, years ago. Hope this answers your ?
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...ces.all.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
3173 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks fioti, I enjoyed the read...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A pic would still be nice!!

KK
Learn More...
United States
86314 Posts
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2019  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CarGuyKier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I took it to the coin store and they side that someone had tried to make a ring out of it. Thanks for the other suggestions though!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Making a ring out of a coin "the old" way is called spooning...you hit the edge of a coin with a spoon till it flares out a few mm and then drill out the center...there's your ring.

KK
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 757Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05