Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 35th Classic Commem - 70% Milestone.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
28 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  01:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SVI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I continue presenting the coins from my Classic Commemoratives 50 Piece Type Set:
- First seven coins - http://goccf.com/t/329826.
- The next seven coins - http://goccf.com/t/335441
- The next eleven coins - http://goccf.com/t/342002
Now I have my 35th commem - 70% milestone! New 10 coins are shown below.

What do you think about consistency? I understand that there is a difference among grades (from 62 to 67). However, my goal is to keep a good eye appeal for all grades, i.e., appeal - first, grade - second. Is this approach reasonable? Would you replace any coin to increase the quality of the set?
Any comments are welcome.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5081 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  03:32 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5893 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice group
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36510 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats - that Norfolk is exquisite!
Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What do you think about consistency? I understand that there is a difference among grades (from 62 to 67). However, my goal is to keep a good eye appeal for all grades, i.e., appeal - first, grade - second. Is this approach reasonable? Would you replace any coin to increase the quality of the set?

I think you are spot on with your approach. I've seen high grade commemoratives that look terrible and lower grade ones that look great. Take your MS63 Lexington for example. That's a fine looking coin under magnification. In person at the real life size, I bet that it looks even better. If I was you, I'd continue on the same path. Use the 3rd party graders as a tool for authentication and to avoid problem coins. You certainly don't need validation from them or 4th party graders (CAC). You have a good eye.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9671 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Truly a remarkable set of coins. I particularly like that Cleveland. Great work!
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That bear on the Bay Bridge is one smooth looking Ursus arctos horribilis.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4024 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spanish Trail in -65 CAC!
Now THAT'S a real goodie.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great eye. An impressive registry quality set in the making.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6627 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set of additional coins for your growing collection of this wonderful type set.

I concur that your choice of 'white' coins are well matched to the eye. The slight bit of toning on the MS67 Norfolk is a bit of an exception.

Congratulations on your collecting efforts so far - and best of wishes for finding the remaining 15 type set examples to match with what you have already shown.

I look forward to viewing your next update.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1986 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man those Spanish Trails are tough to find! Nice set so far. You're doing well!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You continue to add nice pieces to your set. As far as consistency - it's hard to pair anything with a 67+! Man that Norfolk is a stunner.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05