Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Barber Half, Slabbed PCGS, Scraches?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
455 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  3:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenBerthiaume to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
what do you think the grade is?

Are the scratches on the coin or the holder?

Pillar of the Community
United States
7659 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly, it looks like they're on the coin
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
6828 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63 some of the scratches are on the coin others on the holder. Not sure if it's enough to detail this coin or not.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you don't know for sure? I don't see how you could be certain just looking at a photo, sharp as it is.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/21/2019 5:00 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10807 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least MS-66 ,I believe the scratches are on the coin but not bad enough to detail it . Strong strike .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it differently. Note chatter in front of ear and scuffing in left obverse field next to stars 4,5 and 6. If the scratches are on the coin I doubt it would straight grade, but if it does, I'll say 62. If the scratches are on the holder, I'll say 64.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Check AES's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AES to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65. It looks like the two bad scratches are on plastic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64. I would guess the longer white lines are on the holder.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10807 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well Bruce , she's slabbed so we'll find out the verdict soon .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a rather pointless discussion, isn't it, until we know where the scratches are. Not sure why Ken has presented the coin this way.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/21/2019 7:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large scratch on neck.. I believe is on slab the rest of the scratches are on coin..MS-Details
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken - Please clarify this.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2198 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is this a coin
you have purchased, or are considering purchasing ..?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surely the OP has not purchased this, or the question of the scratch would not be an issue.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11982 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being exacerbated by tilted photos. Should straight grade though they have been really picky of late
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36550 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken - We assume these are seller's pics? Please clarify.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05