Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Learning About Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  2:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coindummy2019 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm new at coins trying to learn so anyone that can and will help me to understand how this site works I'd greatly appreciate it
Learn More...
United States
72414 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

We are here to help! What questions do you have?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6829 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interested in US coins? I would suggest a RedBook, you don't need the newest one a year or two old still has the same information only new coins added and price value differences. Prices change so fast on some, it's better to use online pricing guides in my opinion. Over on the the left side of the screen CCF has some great information "US Coin Facts" and the "Glossary will help with unfamiliar terms used in posts here or online.

Ask questions, I promise we don't bite and are generally pretty darn helpful around CCF!

Also so what types of coins are you interested in? What brought you here?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9713 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Use this forum as a reference... pick out some of the forums that interest you and peruse the articles. For instance if Kennedy half dollars are your thing, start in the U.S. Modern Coins forum.

As for how it works, read the FAQ and Rules for most of the answers you'll need.
Pillar of the Community
United States
800 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and remember, it would never hurt to read through the glossary to become familiar with the terms used in coin collecting...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8532 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18069 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Like learning about anything. Just read, watch and use this web site, ask people, collect coins.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As a newer member to this forum, I can honestly say this is a great place to ask questions. The members are very helpful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3249 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Careful, coindummy2019,
If you stay here any length of time
you will need to change your name to
COINKNOWLEDGEABLE2019!

But your question
How does this site work?
is important.

The CCF "works" because
men and women who love coins
are SO willing to share knowledge.

What other hobby has so many
"willing experts" standing in line
to answer your questions?

Go slowly and at your own pace
and be willing to learn, coindummy2019
You will find many people here
who WILL HELP YOU!

Good luck and have fun with us........

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05