Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 P LWC VDB DDR?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
104 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  02:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mmansell45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello CCF. I matched some markers for the DDO-002. The clash under chin the left wheat line and also die chips in the B and R of liberty stage c. I hope pics are clear enough. I'm still very much a rookie and need experts to confirm. Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
United States
28025 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos are a bit blurry.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few things-
I think you meant DDO in the title.

A clear closeup of the date will be helpful because there is a non-variety with die chips on the B & R of LIBERTY.

The clash at the throat on yours seems to be a little too far west than the images at VV http://varietyvista.com/01a%20LC%20...9PDDO002.htm

Also the tail of the last 9 doesn't seem thick enough. No thickness to the SW on the 0 that I can see on yours. I don't see any images on VV, CC, or dd for any markers on the left wheat.

ps. I came a cross one of the "false variety" ones about two months ago roll searching and was stoked until I realized it wasn't.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mmansell45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK that's probably why I wasn't getting all the markers. I was getting a few hear and there not a 100%. But stage c was hitting more.so there is a non variety that has the same markers? I went through a lot trying to identify lol. Til my eyes burned. Imma look again. Thanks
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  07:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very similar markers? You have the coin in hand so it is much easier for you to tell if the markers that you do find match the images exactly.

You will notice that certain years will have very similar markers. Die chips, die scratches, die cracks, mint mark placement, etc.

A good example would be a variety that has a die crack at VDB. Some years will have lots of similar cracks and it must match each direction, hook or shift exactly to be the correct variety.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37862 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics needed for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37992 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note on this link:
http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...9PDDO002.htm
The Description:

Quote:

Description: Extra thickness on date with some separation on first 9.

I like using the Zero on the date as a better pickup point. The lower loop at 4:00 has a sag on the 002.

Here is a three pane window of a 002 and normal and the coppy cat that has the chips on Liberty. Even PCGS fall for one of the copy cat examples and certified it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop.
Those images are great like always.

The imposter I found had chips in the R as well and no thickness on the date.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pound_foolish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the copycat die. Die chips/broken posts in B and R of LIBERTY without the SE thickness of the first 9 and 0 of date. The copycat is also denoted by the lack of thickness in the letters of LIBERTY.

The fun starts when you get EDS and VEDS examples of the FS-1102 doubled die, as there are no die chips/broken posts in the B and R of LIBERTY, no die clash under Lincoln's chin, but there's obvious thickness in LIBERTY and in the date.

I have a couple nice examples of both the DDO and the copycat in VEDS to shoot and post. But coop strikes again with his beautiful and elaborate images!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3072 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is mine, it is a pretty decent example. 1909 P VDB DDO-002. Stage B with a little MD on the reverse.

Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice one Jim.

And let's not forget TB's post of an EDS coin from last month missing any sign of the the chips in the B and R.

http://goccf.com/t/347582
Edited by Petespockets55
06/26/2019 9:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37992 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pete: This is a side by side of the PCGS example that was incorrectly attributed.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05