Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello, Please Help 1953 S Penny Error Nose?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 655Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  03:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoyoteST to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, Please Help 1953 S Penny Error Nose?
2019 June 26

Hello, I'm not to familiar with error coins. Can someone please help me identify if this is an error coin and if it is a rare coin as well. Check out Abe's nose. Is this what you would call a cud error? I'm posted a pic below. Thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34194 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Not an error. It is damage from circulation. The nose took a hit and displaced the copper a bit. A CUD always includes the rim,so your coin is not a CUD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1993Z to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
Learn More...
United States
16355 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cst, first welcome to CCF. Second, I agree with @john1 that Abe took a hit on his nose which moved over a little piece of copper. This is not a mint error, although interesting to look at.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48796 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45084 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were a die chip, the area of the nose would still be there and a chip would be more likely to show on the field. A cud is on the edge of the die that breaks away from the die.

Here are some die events that can happen to a die.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
06/26/2019 2:28 pm
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoyoteST to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for answering my question!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF! I hope you'll stick around with us.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2214 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the CCF. Yes, please stick around , look through coins and post any interesting finds.

KK
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 655Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05