Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Amazon Dealer Prices Legit?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  07:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While looking at prices of Uncirculated and Proof sets on Amazon, I noticed that some dealers are selling the same thing the US Mint sells, but at a lower price. Are these legitimate? I assume they're getting dealer volume pricing. I did notice the 2019 W penny wasn't included, but is that really worth $8 at this point? They're in OGP and with a CoA.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18251 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I never even thought of Amazon as selling coins.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3445 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me either justcarl. Amazon is taking over!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9934 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes...Amazon has been a marketplace for coins for several years now. Got a link to the item? It is surprising that they'd be selling for less than retail for a set that's still available direct from the source, but it could certainly have something to do with bulk purchasing power, as you suggest.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11185 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where have you guys been ? Amazon has been selling coins and coin collecting supplies for many years .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the one that caught my eye: https://www.amazon.com/2019-Coin-Cl.../B07P6YL876/ The only thing jumping at me is no W penny.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39215 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything Amazon DOESN'T sell?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16247 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Generally, Amazon coin prices are much higher than eBay sold. However, their supplies and BOOKS are often the best prices around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a little research on this. The Amazon seller has a websit and sells the 2019W cents slabbed and graded. He's selling the leftover part of the set at a dicount without the cent at just under $20.

So he sell the rest of the set for like $20, and on his website or at his store he's asking about $100+ for the graded w cent.

He's making his money. Could probably care less asking out the sale price of the rest of the set just recover something from it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1083 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With Big Kingdom
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Big Kingdom, I appreciate you seeing that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7489 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walmart sells coins too.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19983 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walmart allows third party sellers on their site, so likely not really Walmart.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15603 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Walmart allows third party sellers on their site, so likely not really Walmart.

Amazon is doing the same thing, except in some cases the seller turns the material over to Amazon and they handle the fulfillment (shipping) for them. In other cases you order through Amazon and the seller handles the shipping. Just like Walmart.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Selling cost on Amazon are prohibitive in my mind. Anyone selling coins on Amazon had to get approval from them, and since they don't show the rate they charge probably has a negotiable fee. It's possible those sets are legitimate but the seller would have had to do a lot of work to make them profitable.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05