Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can We Raise The Upload To At Least 700kb?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  02:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tridmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. Previously posted in US Modern Variety and Error Coins. ***

Your image thing did nothing for me. Is there any way we can upgrade to at least 700kb per pic? My phone wont allow mr to lower quality or smaller pic unless I send half.a pic.at a.time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30045 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried the free image optimizer here on CCF?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree though the image optimizer is really clunky. Other formus are just drag and drop with no issues. This one is a hassle.

That said this community is better than other coin forums by a long shot.

I've found that a lot of oversized issues can be fixed on this optimizer by changing the "sharpen" box to a number between 1-10 when width and height won't get it any lower and it's still over 300kb.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
07/23/2019 06:17 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20151 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Other formus are just drag and drop with no issues.

Right, and they compress and resize automatically. I did that here once and had a serious revolt. People threatened to quit. It was ridiculous.

I have this fight all the time. People just don't understand and REFUSE to learn. Not only is 300KB fine, so is 200KB.

I mean seriously folks, tell me this image is insufficient for ANY purpose on this forum, it's 1000 pixels across and 182KB.....

It's more than plenty good enough. I'm not Facebook and can't afford a server farm so 8MB images (that usually only contain about 20% coin) can be uploaded directly from people's phones because they're too lazy to crop/edit or learn how to. It's not that hard.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10120 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That image is badass, bobby. I just wish I could get one uploaded that looks like it.

And most certainly it is on me to learn how to do it.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20151 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first big issue people have is the setting on their camera for pictures.

They (or the phone default) automatically set it to best, high, print, or whatever else the highest setting on their phone is. Absolutely, positively, not needed. Web is the best setting. If it allows a specific compression number use 65, that's what the above image is and it's perfectly acceptable.

We get people uploading 99% all the time and wonder why they can only make it a few hundred pixels wide.

FYI, I did not take that picture. The original was a full sized 9MB auction picture from Heritage. It too me about 30 second s to resize to 1000 pixels across and 65% compression and there it is.... comfortably under 200KB.
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree though the image optimizer is really clunky.

I think this is the real issue. I don't mind cropping, resizing, etc., if need be, but the optimizer is very awkward to use from a mobile device. The push to raise the limit is likely a reflection of this. Maybe instead of pushing to increase the size, we should instead look to make the optimizer more user-friendly.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20151 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or people can learn to use the tools on their phone. I've never had an iPhone, and never will, but every android I've ever had had resize, crop, and quality tools built in right out of the box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5717 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the optimizer takes a bit getting used to, but even on mobile I have no issues with it after a bit of learning
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3384 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, that image looks very slightly grainy on my 90" monitor.

Seriously, I post exclusively from my iPad and the image optimizer is a breeze to use once you use it a couple of times and my pictures look great at 200-300kb.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05