Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Have Any Body Have Seen Or Hear Of This 1970 10cent Erro

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  09:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all forum members.
I spot this unusual 10cent error. What are your opinion on this 1970 this 10cent error?
Love to hear everyone opinion.

Edited by Leon28
07/23/2019 11:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin was accidentally or intentionally damaged after it left the mint.

Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Edited by USSID18
07/23/2019 09:55 am
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank for reply USSID18.
I have take a very close look at the coin.
There no signs of of human doing for the error.
Because it have no Scratch from equipment at all
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30482 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post strike damage. Not an error.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank for reply USSID18.
I have take a very close look at the coin.
There no signs of of human doing for the error.
Because it have no Scratch from equipment at all

Okay, use your imagination. You tell me. How did it happen?

Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Leon28,

I agree with USSID18. The coin has suffered post mint damage. something has struck the coin through the number 10 area, with enough force to show through on the obverse, as can be seen in your photos. I believe if it occurred during the minting process, that the coin would have been clipped, or the die would have impacted an additional image on the coin.
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is still a mystery question! If u can take a close look at the coin, is very weird.
It like if it deliberately doing by man. Then the question is, how Can they do it. There no trace of mark. But if it error they the question is how asweek
Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sfitzernator- I'll let you deal with him. You probably understand what he's trying to say. There's something being lost in translation for me.

Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If u look closely to the T. There is no way man can do that. It perfectly line up with the rim line
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't get me wrong I have the same though that is PMD as week.
But the more I observe the coin closely the more it puzztme.
I trying to take pictures as clear and detailed like how I see through my iPhone zoom
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think my comment has been read, yet!
I take it all back. Maybe it's a lawnmower coin!
Australia
23 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leon28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sfitzernator
Have you seen the new pic that I upload?
Very appreciate your opinion on it.
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does it run through the "E" as well? It could be strike through with the edge running back through the "E". I'm not convinced, considering how damaged the coin is. I honestly think it was laying in the grass and was hit by a rotating lawn mower blade. Twice on the reverse, and twice on the obverse.
Valued Member
Australia
268 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I honestly think it was laying in the grass and was hit by a rotating lawn mower blade. Twice on the reverse, and twice on the obverse.

....Or held in a vice and bent. Either way it's PMD and worth 10 cents.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3171 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has been bent and abused. Not an error.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05