Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hundreds Of Fakes Sold

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2019  11:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...interval=365

EBAY alert for this bogus seller. It is his, or hers?, feedback page with not one, not two but three 1882 O/S Morgans sold on the first alone. Page after page all listed in PCS holders. The real kicker? Which EBAY should have caught? Half way down each selling page where the "item specifics" are listed, for the "certification"? Not PCS but "I guarantee the coin". Why does EBAY allow this outright, beyond a doubt bogus individual to continue posting? How much more proof do they need?

How do we, as a collectors, put a stop to this once and for all with EBAY? Tomorrow I intend on contacting the National fraud division that deals with people such as this. They are almost certainly linked to an overseas supplier dealing this kind of volume in some fashion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3404 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the buyers will be in for a surprise when they try to sell these things. They may not be fakes but they are misrepresented.
Edited by jimbucks
07/29/2019 12:29 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16069 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Explains why I am not keen on eBay, and like examine each coin in hand before deciding to buy.

The next best option, if eBay must be used, is to only buy graded coins, OR buy from a seller (a dealer is best), with an established and independently proven reputation.

The fraudsters are making it increasingly difficult for eBay newby genuine sellers.
That is a great pity.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18720 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep far, far away from ebay mostly for reasons mentioned.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sell loads of coims on eBay. You just need to make sure the listing has great pictures of the coin and preferably from a few different angles.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42658 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just buy from sellers with strong feedback numbers and full return privileges. Has always worked well for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's also best to avoid sellers who offer you a 1913 Liberty Head Nickel for $19.99.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just buy from sellers with strong feedback numbers and full return privileges. Has always worked well for me

Unfortunately this seller has good feedback and free returns. All his coins in PCS holders appear to be totally fake.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7571 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:46 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, this seller has horrible feedback.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
2429 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PCS coins currently listed by seller appear to be genuine but significantly over graded. Coins in basement slabs are most likely over graded. The only eBay violation by seller is the posting of none approved slab grades in seller's photos. The seller is a scam artist.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hoxsie454 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go back to the old fashioned way. Best build a relationship with a local shop owner, someone you can enjoy chatting with, and inspect his coins with your loop in hand. Help keep the shop in business, too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ballyhoo: Why would ebay put a stop to it,They make BIG MONEY also.There has been so many complaints to ebay even I have called them and still it happens so what dose that tell you! I don't buy my coins on ebay anymore I get my stuff from friend and coin shops.
Edited by Daves Errors
07/29/2019 11:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The PCS coins currently listed by seller appear to be genuine but significantly over graded. Coins in basement slabs are most likely over graded. The only eBay violation by seller is the posting of none approved slab grades in seller's photos. The seller is a scam artist.

Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No, this seller has horrible feedback.

Feedback at 99% and over 5,000. Or am I looking at the wrong seller?

The pictures are so unusual that the coins looked fake to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4722 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if they are fake but I can pretty much guarantee they've all been doctored up to make them look better.

EBay is a Wild West show of Sellers like this dancing a fine line of peddling crap while barely staying within the listing rules.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4192 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 of 5 negs, same person. If buyers cant catch it, PCGS will.

Best on Ebay, huh? PCGS graded this an MS63. Another ripoff coin Buyer: m***n ( 420Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months Feedback conversation
1880 S * Morgan dollar * GEM BU UNC * CAMEO * ABSOLUTELY BEST ON EBAY (#323747554847) US $249.00
Negative feedback rating Coin came back from PCGS as Genuine XF Details (98 - Damage). DIshonest seller! Buyer: m***n ( 420Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months Feedback conversation
1885-S Morgan silver dollar SUPER AAA+++ MS/BU/GEM "UNBELIEVABLE" (#223456853696) US $307.00
Negative feedback rating Coin came back from PCGS as MS 63 - far from description or picture. Buyer: m***n ( 420Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months Feedback conversation
1902-O Morgan silver dollar, MS/BU/GEM "ABSOLUTE BLAZER" THE BEST (#223455045297) US $166.23
Negative feedback rating Coin cane back from PCGS Genuine UNC Details (92 - Cleaned) Buyer: m***n ( 420Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months Feedback conversation
SEMI PL 1887 Morgan silver dollar AAA+++ MS/BU/GEM #4 (#323750334951) US $119.00
Negative feedback rating Hyped up description, overgraded fake slab, modified coin. Dont be fooled Buyer: .***t ( 458Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past year Feedback conversation
1901-S Morgan silver dollar SUPER AAA +++ MS/BU/GEM (#223218055898) US $325.00

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05