Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found This Fake Silver Eagle On Craigslist Today.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I check craigslist for coins usually once a week. Found this gem. 1900 ASE for $1,100.00.

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/at...6649109.html

Here is a picture of the coin

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by carlp007
08/18/2019 1:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3057 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Known Chinese Counterfeit .
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10016 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a looker!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6716 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please update the title of your thread to reflect the subject - something like "Found Counterfeit ASE on Craiglist"

Titles are important!
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
794 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  05:36 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's hope no one actually buys this garbage.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11439 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good grief.
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That is brazen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Let's hope no one actually buys this garbage.

Depends on the price, I might give a dollar or two.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fake?

On Craigslist?

Unthinkable

oh, wait...

depressingly common

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well! I have never seen that before, though it's not a huge surprise to see it pop up on CL.

if it were me finding that on CL, i'd likely be— at the very least— harassing the seller, relentlessly. I do that to lowlifes trying to scam ppl put of cash re: rental housing.

they ought to change the name of Craigslist to something more fitting.
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have emailed the seller about the coin but have not received a response.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1553 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it's down now....good job
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen this coin literally hundreds of times. Sorry to say I don't feel sorry for someone that buys one, less than 1 minute of research will tell you it's fake.
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did someone here post this reply to the coin? Well done if you did.

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/at...9607247.html
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05