Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1875 CC Trade Dollar For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  1:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one is trickier to say whether it should be graded with the rim ding present. Doubt it would straight grade but if deemed genuine would the value still be there to justify grading fee? Looks maybe vf details?

Pillar of the Community
United States
7549 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fake. not even close
Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LCS tested it and it is 90% silver. He did not think it was fake
Pillar of the Community
United States
5156 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my area, I'll be quiet on this one
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5925 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does not look right to me, mushy detail blurry photo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7549 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here are just a couple markers that do not match up to an original. maybe there are different dies that I don't know about

on the obverse the pointer finger does not extend to the Y in liberty

on the reverse the lower arrow is too short and should come about halfway across the 2

on the reverse the inside leaf by the leg is too close to the leg, in the original there is more distance between them

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over my pay grade for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2398 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the coin is genuine with a type 1 obverse and reverse. I agree it would grade VF details cleaned and rim damage. If you get the right price, it is worth sending in for grading. You should also work it out with your LCS if the coin comes back counterfeit, you get a refund. Too many problems on the coin for my taste, but it would be nice to have a 75CC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
evidently 1875 had both type 1 and 2 reverses.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17498 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like legitimate wear and tear. But the design on both sides looks a little off. I think I'll let the experts decide on this one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16946 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the old 70's Czechoslovakia struck. But I'm still uncertain. On Trade dollars, unless you are truly an expert (not that rare), buying any TD is a real gamble.

When all else is considered this is very near ugly and a tough sell.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6081 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also be aware the Chinese made/sold silver fakes for expensive coins so they would pass the silver test.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dealer at LCS is going to Coin show in Long Beach in early Sept. Taking this coin to have it checked out by graders there. This coin is not mine. It is an inheritance for my stepdaughters, Trying to see if its real and sell it as a genuine coin if it is.
Edited by jerryc39
08/21/2019 2:58 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05