Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Insta-tone And The Case Of The 1903

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a more radical example that I posted a couple months ago. I sold this Buffalo on eBay earlier this year for about $50, and the buyer just resold it for $65 after "improving" it. Not much of a return for his efforts, and it's sad that he ruined it. I like the more subtle AT on 52Raymo's 1903 IHC much better.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7525 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  02:27 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang he destroyed that Buff !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18416 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All which is why I never buy on ebay
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12363 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All which is why I never buy on ebay

As much as I am critical of certain eBay policies, this has nothing to do with the site and happens at coin shows and stores all over the place
Learn More...
United States
76099 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anything man can do nature can do, so while it is most likely man made yes it is possible that nature did it. That's why we go with market acceptable/unacceptable as opposed to natural vs artificial. Plenty of natural things look man made and some man made ones look natural. It's just a guessing game unless you have had the coin since the day it was minted and know it's entire history. Whether or not that coin was artificial or natural it wouldn't be acceptable either way.

Quote:
As much as I am critical of certain eBay policies, this has nothing to do with the site and happens at coin shows and stores all over the place
I agree with this, too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
762 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the 1903 would look that different in hand. Perhaps something like VerdiCare was used to make the surfaces more attractive and then the coin was photographed in different lighting
Pillar of the Community
United States
7525 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see that he cleaned the fields, darkened it, and then added blue toning of some sort.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05