Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Value On Set Of Medals

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Germany
3 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add marcelsimone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everybody. I am brand new to this forum and I hope that it is ok to reply to an > year old topic. I own the set of 18 medals (each 6 grams) including the leather case, as it is described here:
https://taxfreegold.co.uk/venezuela...aguerra.html

I want to sell these medals, but it is super hard for me to find an reasonable price.

TNG already added the link where 10 coins were sold for ~7600$
https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...ls-1957-1960

The only 18 medal set that I was able to find is at worthpoint. (I have no account to see the price)
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthope...f-1730325866

Does anyone have an idea what could be a price for the whole set?

Sorry for my German English :)
Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Quote:
I hope that it is ok to reply to an > year old topic.
Your reply was split into its own topic and moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention .

As a reminder to all, be aware of our Buy/Sell/Trade Rules.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Germany
3 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add marcelsimone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @jbuck :)

I will upload some pictures of my medals

Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will upload some pictures of my medals
Well done! That should help the experts assess value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3925 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm by no means an "expert" but my observations strongly suggest to me that if this set was taken to any of the coin & precious metals dealers in my region, that you'd be unlikely to obtain any substantial premium above the bullion value. As the medals are marked with their individual weight and fineness (which should be .900), by using the current spot gold price of $1,500 per ounce, it should be a pretty straightforward calculation to arrive at that figure for the whole 18 coin set.

Grams per medal divided by 31.1 = troy ounces per medal.
Troy ounces per medal times .9 = actual gold weight in troy ounces per medal.
Actual gold weight per medal times 18 = total gold weight for the set in troy ounces.
Total gold weight in troy ounces times $1,500 = current spot bullion value for the entire set.

There is the underlying presumption, of course, that these are genuine and in fact gold in composition. If they turned out to be plated counterfeits, then in that case the worth would be almost nil.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
08/22/2019 4:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2019  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These medals are listed in the Unusual World Coins book as X#MB 1-18, as 20 Bolivares coin! The author had the bad habit of listing medals as coins based on the gold or silver weights which matched up with older denominated coins of that country. He did the same thing when he listed the 1928 German Hindenburg medals as 5 mark patterns. Since your set is "modern" and medals you should figure them as bullion value.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05