Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Values Listed Under The General Heading Appraising A Coin Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2019  4:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add eagleye85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How often are coin values updated under the appraisal sections of this forum?
I've been doing some research for insurance to try to appraise my MS-63 FH 1917-D Type 1 Standing Liberty quarter DDR variety. FS-25-1917D-801.
A couple of fairly recent auction prices are from 1/22/17 for an AU-55 that sold for $1,600 plus a 10% buyers premium for a total of $1,760. Last year 7/15/18 an AU-58 sold for $2,250.
There is one currently up for auction that is an NGC UNC Details Cleaned with an opening bid of $850. I don't have any plans on selling my MS-63 FH but based on the above figures I suppose I would not accept anything less than $3,250.
I feel the values listed for this variety in this forums coin value section reflect closer to what a normal coin would sell for. $475. That is why I was asking how often does someone update coin values? Not only because of auction results but also fluctuations in the price of silver & gold.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage is the best for actual sale prices. Unless your coin is NGC or PCGS those prices may not mean much. TPG coins in those value ranges sell MUCH better and for MORE money than a coin that has not been certified.

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eagleye85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. My coin was certified a long time ago(20+yrs.) through ANACS & at that time certified as a new discovery & registered with CONECA. Only 2 were known then, my MS-63 FH & a MS-61 in a PCI holder. Years later after it made it into the Cherry Picker's Guide a few more have been surfacing, being certified with PCGS, & auctioned through Great Collections. Nothing graded higher than AU-58 that I know of. Hence the values I mentioned earlier. I am unaware that any have auctioned through Heritage as of yet. If I was to sell mine, I would most likely go through Heritage. What I am debating now is whether or not to crossover it into a PCGS or NGC holder.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12387 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What I am debating now is whether or not to crossover it into a PCGS or NGC holder.

I'd cross it to PCGS if you wanted to maximize the value
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05