Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is The Favorite Coin In Your Collection?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18556 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is my Sweden 1 daler plate money from 1746.

But those don't fit in gum ball machines you know.

Possibly my favorites.
However, not a coin but a coin book.

just carl
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carl Nice!!

I like the Mercury dime also!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18556 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Mercury dimes are from my set #1, all FSB except one, the 18S.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2422 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my favourite coin, because it was given to me by my Father and started my interest in coins. My Father found it in stream at the bottom of his garden, when he was a young boy.

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15887 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My avatar:
Gold stater, Philip 11 of Macedon struck in Pella (356 336 BC) - mm thunderbolt below horses (Northern Greece - I have visited the area)
Obv.: Apollo facing right.
Rev.: Apollo driving a biga (two horse chariot) across the sky to the right.
provenance: Bought from Spinks, London 1978, for 360.

Historically important, because it was the first gold coin in ancient times, have the status of large scale 'international' circulation.

I must admit: I am rather partial to my 1927 St Gaudens Double Eagle, arguably the best design ever to appear on a gold coin. The design is the sole reason I bought it in 1982, for AU$ 600.
Edited by sel_69l
09/14/2019 01:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Father found it in stream at the bottom of his garden, when he was a young boy.

Your Father wasn't from Australia, was he?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2341 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/355471&whichpage=2#3055784

I enjoy books nearly as much as the coins
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2422 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
My Father found it in stream at the bottom of his garden, when he was a young boy.

Quote:
Your Father wasn't from Australia, was he?

No he wasn't. Born in U.K., just like me. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3767 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morgan dug near a beautiful huge Catholic Church in the country, where folks came from far away to attend mass. Many a large polish picnic in the back over the last 125 years. In two visits I had also dug silver jewelry, Mercury dimes, Barber, Washington and dozens of wheat. Ten-acre site that had been hunted heavily since the 80's at least...

Peace dug between the ball diamond and 30's concession stand, about 2" deep. Can't believe it was missed by others - I almost passed it over because the signal hit similar to that of a smashed aluminum can.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05