Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  3:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

So, was looking at the mint website and it says

"TBD

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof

19XE:"

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...of-19XE.html

no idea if this will have the same mint mark as the one in the Pride of Two Nations set, but..... yeah.... looks like maybe it does, in which case we are looking at even more of these coins than 110,000 mintage.

Tricky fellahs over there at the mint though, pretty sneaky to hold it off the schedule until after the Pride Sets sold out....... Kind of feels scammy to me. I would of just bought the SAE alone had I known it would be for sale alone, I didn't even want the Maple Leaf So I hope it has a different mintmark or something, otherwise their 110K mintage was kind of a lie I think?

They show they sold 99,734 of 100K U.S. limit, not sure how this works really. Like can they just mint a bunch more of the same and say "hey it's a different offering" or is their total mintage of 110K between the U.S. and Canada sets all there can be?

And if that's the case, does that mean this new offing will need to be a different mintmark?

I am encouraging speculation on this. LOL
Edited by Big-Kingdom
09/10/2019 3:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12788 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They can do essentially whatever they want with these and how they offer them. They pulled this highly unadvised stunt in 2012 with the S proof ASE and it was one of the reasons why no one cared about the 2013 special set they the following year. By the way you can still get that 2013 set for issue price or under on the after market, its the only set that has completely bombed. So if they didn't learn from their past mistakes their sales will suffer again and even more people will be done with dealing with the mint

If they're smart they'll change the mint mark or at least change how it's "enhanced" giving it a different look
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Basebal21..... Wasn't the 2012 S mint coin in the 2 coin 2012 San Francisco Proof Set unlimited mintage though, then a coin and currency set also unlimited mintages, pretty much struck to demand?

I think enhanced differently or a mintmark change would be fantastic. About the worst thing they could do is strike up another couple hundred thousand more W enhanced reverse proofs and offer them as single proofs.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
09/10/2019 4:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12788 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wasn't the 2012 S mint coin in the 2 coin 2012 San Francisco Proof Set unlimited mintage though, then a coin and currency set also unlimited mintages, pretty much struck to demand?

The mint to demand was already a negative for it, but they waited until the ordering period was long gone for the 2 coin set before they announced they were putting the S proof in another product. I don't remember what the coin and currency set mintage limit was though.

They new the set was coming all along obviously and just decided to let sales finalize first before announcing it several weeks later when you couldn't do returns anymore. The one thing that saved that set was that they didn't grade well at all, the quality was one of the lowest if not the lowest of the special sets they have done so the 70s have kept a good premium.
Fire A.J. Preller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the same as will be in the Limited Edition set. Not likely.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and so we wait.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10145 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we get the title of this thread updated to " ASE" instead of "Sae"?

There is additional discussion regarding this shadowy product on Page 8 of this thread.
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can we get the title of this thread updated to " ASE" instead of "Sae"?
I went a step further.
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the fix jbuck. I don't see things like that sometimes, it looked right to me when I proofread it. I always get letter abbreviations out of order and don't catch it
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You were probably thinking about cars or something (SAE).
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i notice on the product page this is listed as TBD, and the next two things on the list are two reverse proof american innovation coins minted in san fran, so maybe we'll get an S-minted ASE.
Edited by MrPink2018
09/20/2019 03:51 am
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....it was just a guess, but it was a good one!
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just saw this on another thread, hoping it's okay that I've posted it here, seems a good place for it.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum..._Capture.JPG

well, i'll have to get one to keep the ASE collection current, but at this point I'm hoping they end the ASE soon. I don't want to buy 6 different silver eagles every year. 2 or 3 per year was plenty.

before I began assembling an ASE collection I did a bunch of reading & study. I figured I could amass most- or nearly all- dates & mints & makes and have a reasonably decent collection. my worry back then was 'will I be able to collect all the dates & mints before any hobby weirdness makes it impossible to do?'.. now that I have gathered everything but the 95-W proof my worry now is 'will I be able to keep up with the new issues?'...

as I sit here thinking about this new S-minted ERP coin, I also think about the W-minted ERP in the Po2N set... and I'm mostly wondering why the mint chose to do this the way they have. seems a little screwy to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any mention of the mintage for this one?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12788 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but at this point I'm hoping they end the ASE soon.

There's essentially no chance of that happening. It's the one thing they have that's a super popular cash cow. At best it may get a bit of a redeisgn, but they won't end it unless for some weird reason congress makes them
Fire A.J. Preller
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mickeydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintage limit is 30,000. Just published on US Mint website. This will sell out in 1 minute, lol and the servers will be overloaded.
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05