Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Morgan Is Better

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  3:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
107 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta go with the 62 NGC. Fair warning that I do have a prejudice for NGC, but for eye appeal that 62 is very nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will go with the 63 for about same money. Typical strike on 62 no breast feathers. 63 has strong strike w/ full breast feathers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2401 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i would personally pass on both, there is way to much chatter in the facial area. The more I look at it, the more I wouldn't be happy with either coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40443 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally don't like either, but it would be the 62 if I had to pick..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1577 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a low end 63, and neither are very attractive for the money. I guess I would prefer the 62 because of the clashes.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29045 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1384 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like the eye appeal on either on. The MS63 looks like it has more surface marks on the fields. The MS62 has some marks on the face, and some particularly distracting marks on the cheeks. I would wait if it was me. But eye appeal is subjective.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12387 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Between the two the 63. The 62 pictures are just taken in a more flattering manner. Better luster and strike on the 63
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40443 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just don't get this. Neither of these has much appeal. Both are WAY below typical for the grade, imho. Why not wait for a nice 64 for not that much more money?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12387 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why not wait for a nice 64 for not that much more money?

That would be the smarter thing to do but the question was between the two.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40443 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nasty customers, both of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, If I had to choose.......I can't
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15778 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 63 is over graded, compared with the 62.
Both should be 61+.
But go for the graded 63, because it has a better reverse strike.
If you take the graded 63, keep it in the slab if you wish to re sell later.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17507 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 62 has better eye appeal but lacking in luster. The 63 is pretty baggy. My pick would be the NGC-62.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05