Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rosis Collection Of US Coins 1958 - 1979 Overlook

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  08:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dear forum members,

my name is Chris I am 40 years old and on a mision.

It is all about Rosis coin collection of american origin.

Right now she`s suffering from demency, 93 years old and unable to shed light on her ambitions in collecting coins - and the what and where abouts of her US coins. We do know that she travelled to America in the late 60`s and throughout the 70`s and she brought back some of what seems to be at least worthly enough to get a closer look by experts.

the collection:

-1 silver Morgan dollar from 1921 / no mintmark, I guess Philladelphia
-2 penny`s - 1964 Denver and 1972 Denver
-1 Roosevelt dime - 1967 Philladelphia
-5 quarters - 1958 no mintmark, 1964 no mintmark, 1965 no mintmark, 1967 no mintmark, 1972 Denver
-4 nickel`s - all from 1964, 2 of them from Denver, 2 wo mintmark
-1 dollar - 1972 Denver
-1 set in plastic, bicentennial silver uncirculated set 1776 - 1976

and last but not least the Kennedy halves - there are some very unusual ones

- three 64`s in different strikes dd`s aso
- 2 72`s the "golden" one ( Denver ) and the "normal" 72`
- 1 potentially errored one of 1979 almost read like 1079 !! and with that mysterious 64 SMS appearence ( Fingerprint cameo )
- another 1776-1976 Denver halve kennedy

there is also one shilling from 1948 with a point between one and shilling - San Francisco?

Dear coin community - the thing is... Rosi spent a lifetime in collecting coins for her family so they`ll be good after she`ll be gone for greater good`s. We found out until now that she stepped in traps a lot. but she was on a mision for her loved ones - and that became my mision too right now. I am a friend and until now i`ve spended 30 hours of painstacking research and training only about US coins - and I am stucked right now.. and the whole family are broke right now because of the high costs of her caring situation.

Please would you be so kind to navigate me further through this expert wonderland of "if" and how to grade this coins. And if it is plausibel to try an certification...

Please dont be mad at me greenhorn if i`ve done something wrong with this topic - i`ve read that it is wished to only present one coin at a time but I choose this way and want to encourage you to guide me to take closer looks at potential ones...

here a brief overlook ( please tell me how to if my photographs are not so usefull i`ve never took pictures of coins and when it comes to the differences of strikes, errors and so on I `m sort of - very lost.

We want to ask you sincerly for your help leauge and guidence

the brief overlook:

Thank you so much and have a grat time
sincerly Chris
Edited by Rosis US Coins
09/18/2019 5:12 pm
Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.. and the obverse`s

Thank`s goes out to all of you
still sincerling :)
Chris
Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry for that photo chaos - heres the reverse wich is still missing..

Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the shilling and the bicentennial kennedy halve will be posted later on -

Please look closer at the 1979 Kennedy half reverse - why is it sectional painted with a red violett translucent "Paint" ?

all the best to us all

Chris
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1471 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Chris.

I'm sorry for Rosis tribulations.

You should get confirmation of what I'm saying here. Some of the coins in your photos are silver, specifically those pre-1965 quarters, half dollars and the Morgan. Those are valued exclusively for their precious metal content and carry no significant numismatic value. I can't tell from your photo, but there is an outside chance that the bicentennial coins may have silver content as well. The other items are face value coins only unless there is a particular variety that is escaping me. The shilling was probably coined in another country.

Thanks for joining the forum and my best to the family.

Edit:
Edited by Bump111
09/18/2019 11:17 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17378 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately . Nothing on that list would garner any better than silver value for those that do have silver.

If you believe there might be errors or varieties please post each one separately with close ups of the area in question.

And
Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again,

Thank you both for Your condolence about Rosi and her family
and your replies.
Although thx for giving the mision such a warm welcome :)

There was a time shortly after i`ve started my research when I thought gosh - could it be that i`ve found a 64 SMS ... Jeah - please forgive me that, generally that was foolish thinking - even if there are still some of this "mysterious" Kennedy halves in circulation...

Right now I just could not look at any coin any longer... for a while - not just because there are loads and loads of other Countrys coins...

But I want to show you some of the Kennedys up closer with some details... oh boy I see dangling 4`s and double quadrel Dies all over :) ( Edit: semi ironic mention :)

-The 64`s in different I think business strikes ?
( could the gray one in the middle be a rare special mit, or more likely tooled? because it is soo different..):

one Detail pic:

come on... dangle ! or cry, die - do anything ! :(

Here an Detail from the left one, am I right when I m guessing this could be a DD?:

And if - ?

But as I was moving on I recognized somethings unusual to me ( Greenhorn - with 30 Hours of training in US coin trading )
on the 1979 glad Kennedy halve:

as I mentioned above - "Its marked with Paint"

the 64SMS "Fingerprint appearance"

missing serife`s on the I in Liberty

"pushed down 9" and DD in the lettering

Well - thank you so much and hopefully my debut here isn't as "downpushing"for you as it was seriously hard work for me... right now I am feeling like the 9 does look to me :)

Thank`s a lot
and you have a good day

God bless America

Chris from Mordor
Edited by Rosis US Coins
09/18/2019 5:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
732 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 3 1964 Kennedy half dollars, the 1958 Quarter, the Morgan dollar, and possibly the Bicentennial set of 3 coins in the plastic (looks like the silver uncirculated set) would have silver melt values, but these coins and the non silver coins have bene circulated and won't have much value. The silvers are worth their melt value though, the rest of the coins are worth their face value basically although maybe a bit more if you aren't in the U.S. at a coin shop.

Now the uncirculated 3 coin set in the plastic, does it have the packaging? The red bicentennial envelope or the blue windowed inset frame that goes around the plastic and COA?. It would be worth more if it did have all the packaging, this set sells between $8.00 and $20 on ebay depending on if all the packaging is there and it's all in good condition. Nice ones on Amazon for about $21.00. The Morgan dollar, Maybe $18.00- $20.00...

I hate to say it, but there isn't much value here, good for the face value of them of course but it's certainly not enough to do much for her care. you'd be lucky to get $50.00-$75.00 out of it I'd think. Barring some sort of a variety or error I'm not able to see in these pictures, I don't see this going higher than that.

Maybe someone here that knows about varieties more than me can take a look or ask for a better look at something particular?

the gold half dollar is plated, it's not worth any more than an unplated half dollar I'm sad to say.

Good Luck and God Bless.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
09/18/2019 2:09 pm
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Germany
6 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosis US Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your welcome :)

Thank you a lot Big Kingdom for your help...
Yes it has the red Envolope with it but it is in very poor condition
whritings on it crumbled ... but when I take a closer look at the rim of the coins in the plastic
i see some golden copper`ish shimmer on the rim so I thought it could be another set
the envolope belonged to... anyway jeah it might be the silver set

Thank you,for your help and your ambition to do so ... all of you,
it dont feel like failure but - :) I think ya`ll know what I mean... onwards it goes

Gosh american coins are awesome ! arent they?

cheers
Chris
Edited by Rosis US Coins
09/18/2019 5:03 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05