Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Information On A Coin Album

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  10:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know of a coin album that will house the proof, reverse proof, and p&d mint issues of the American Innovation Dollars?
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Currently the only available options are Littleton and Whitman. Littleton, only has spot for 1 coin. Whitman has not released the AI album for P&D coins. But with these coins the mint mark is on the side, why do you want all 4? You can't see the mint mark. I got the littleton, but I'm only collecting the proofs.

Edited by hfjacinto
10/07/2019 10:27 am
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are also caps albums:
https://www.capsalbums.com/american...5-album-2177
Will be pricier than the others, but will allow you to see the edges.
Edited by bzookaj
10/07/2019 10:31 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29892 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good suggestions all, and

Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree on the "why?". These coins have the edge lettering and mintmark on the edge, I intend to likely collect just one set, and probably just the reverse proofs.

I'm not sure if they will make a book to cover the entire sets, you'd have the P+D for 102 coins, then the S proofs, and S reverse proofs. for another 102 coins. counting the introductory coins, and they might do district and territories (I don't know that either way yet but would be an additional 6 of each total of 24 more)

It would be a big, heavy album if they put it all into one I'd think. 228 dollar coins in one book doing the math, that 4 pounds of coins alone. another pound or two for the book and pages....

Probably there will be a P+D album later on and then a proof album.. honestly probably better to just use OGP for the Proofs and Rev Proofs, in my opinion where you can see the edges, and just do an album or two for the P+D coin if you want to collect those since they won't come in capsules or a lens.

If I do just the reverse proofs, it's going to cost me like $570.00 from the mint, if I do the proofs its lie 14 lenses@$20.95 and the intro coin, for close to $300.00

the P+D coins are $32.95 for 25 coins of each design, you could buy them on the secondary market, but still $1.32 each and 114 coins at mint cost about $150.00 for P+D for just one of each,,,, realistically, probably about $2.50-$3.00 each x114 on the secondary market, so $250+ or buying the rolls direct 2 rolls, 4x a year for $32.95 a roll.. ouch.

I mean this is a considerable amount of money and a long time to complete everything of this set. so I decided just to do the one part, and I liked the look of the reverse proof I've seen better than the others. I won't try to talk you out of doing what you want to do, just pointing it out that it's unlikely there are many that will want a single album to house the 4 different types all in one book. the edge lettering being the most obvious reason for not wanting to do them all.

Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info.
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18637 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I wonder if Whitman has blank pages for those so you could make your own Album.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05