Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Holiday Exchange

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23
Valued Member
Canada
217 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickle nubber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opps it is a 1980 50 pence
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Santa arrived yesterday. What a great gift. A 1941S Mercury dime MS64FB that will be a fantastic addition to my collection. Also an 1893 Mexican 8 Reale coin. I'll have to do some research on it as I have never seen one before. Always nice to learn about new things.

Thank you Santa. And thank you rrgoodie for organizing the annual exchange.

Edited by 88isgreat
01/26/2020 10:49 am
Learn More...
United States
13084 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 to go

Brenpickle
Flying_teapot
NJ Bob
YNumismetals Collector

27 Jan 2020 0700 hours Forum Time
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
United States
930 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good things come to those who wait! A big thank you to Santa for this beautiful 2004 Silver Proof Set! This set marks a couple firsts for me: my first full silver proof set and my first proof set of any kind from the State Quarters years. This makes an excellent addition to my collection, and I'm very grateful. Also shout-out to rggoodie for hosting! I look forward to participating next Christmas.

*Edited to attach correct photos
Edited by CollegeBarbers
01/27/2020 06:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NJ Bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My gift arrived today!

Thanks Susuman, what a fantastic and thoughtful gift.

This gift included a 2016 Australian silver dollar, a 2011 Sochi 25 Commemorative Ruble and a 1893 Columbian Exposition half dollar!

And some really great foreign coins including coins from Russia, Japan, Iran and Brasil.

Also some really fun Classic Car bills which included by birth year. (How did you know?)

And chocolate coins! Everybody loves chocolate coins!
Learn More...
United States
13084 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 to go

YNumismetals Collector

27 Jan 2020 1515 hours Forum Time
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am so sorry to my person who had me. I thought I posted that I got mine, but apparently I did not. I will try to get a picture up of the cool gift. Thank you.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
396 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flying_teapot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally it's here! Thank you! Gold are chocolate coins.
Customs declaration also says "cars", but where they are?

US coin collector from Russia
Come to see my collection http://goccf.com/t/309048
My wishlist and trade
http://goccf.com/t/311993
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many great gifts posted - I think everyone should be pretty excited with the haul this year.

And that 1972 Cook Islands dollar is calling my name ;)

Thanks to rggoodie for putting this all together again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully YNumismetalscollector got my package - I sent him some cool stuff.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hopefully YNumismetalscollector got my package - I sent him some cool stuff.

Well, if he doesn't receive your package CalzoneManiac, mine should be there within a few days.

[I volunteered to send another package when we were told there had been a snafu this year and I was given his mailing info last week. When I tried to figure out from his posts what he might like, I realized we collect completely different things and I would have to wait until I could get to the coin store before I could send something. It has been mailed but will likely take a few more days to arrive. I hope mine is at least interesting, and at worst can be traded for something he likes.]

YNumismetals Collector, I guess there is something good in being last! You get a bonus package! Happy January Christmas!

Quote:
Thanks to rggoodie for putting this all together again.

I definitely agree jeffbuckes. Without this exchange, I would not get any coin gifts for Christmas. I hope we can do this every year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1835 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too volunteered to send a second set out, and did so, but I don't know my person's CCF name and haven't seen a posting yet of the coins I sent. All I know is my 2nd gift was sent to Maryland.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your generosity! I haven't received anything yet, but I hope to get them soon!
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I too volunteered to send a second set out, and did so, but I don't know my person's CCF name and haven't seen a posting yet of the coins I sent. All I know is my 2nd gift was sent to Maryland.

The user name will be in Richards email with the assignment.

I too very much appreciate this;
For me as well, this is the only numismatic gift I get all year - even if it isn't something I collect, I generally get a genuine kick out of this.
I think my first year assignment might have gotten shafted, because I did almost verbatim what the rules out lined, and I had no idea how generous the bulk of members are here;
Even though I simply cannot compete with some members generosity (after all it's not a competition), I have tried every subsequent year to up my game.
:D
Edited by unruhjonny
01/29/2020 10:14 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to thank our over worked moderator, even though there were a few snafu's this year. He did an outstanding job.
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05