Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Halloween Coin Grab Bag

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Gonna hand out these baggies for Halloween instead of sugar packets. Middle coin will be some random foreign thing (I have a giant stash of these) .. who knows, might spark a new interest in the hobby!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Action321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Groovy! Great idea.....I've got a ton of foreign as well!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent idea. Hopefully you won't be picking them out of your bushes
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2807 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TimNH, the kids can benefit more from these than a sugar packet. That is a great idea.

I hope that it is appreciated at least as much as dentists giving out toothbrushes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13558 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is a really good idea--thx for sharing it with us!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try that as well. Only problem is I left all my cheap USA coins in Texas so guess they will be gettin German States instead of sugar.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11861 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice but only for certain age group . you don't want to give them out to kids under say , 7 . I would put them in all white envelopes ,they will open the bags when they get home ( Inquisitive about the weight ).
Still great idea .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! Yea I don't get many kids down my remote drive so won't cost a bundle. Think it will be a fun diversion.

Quote:
Hopefully you won't be picking them out of your bushes

Will post results!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great point T-Bop.....separate bucket for sure! I gurarantee the one who do get them home will hit the internet to research what're their from.......Ahhhhh the beginning of an addiction jajajajajajaja
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kids these days are so hyped up on candy and expecting a treat may not appreciate these as much as we would hope. You might try giving these coin packets along with, say individual bags of pretzels or chips. I agree this is a good idea, but just not sure kids will appreciate the substitution. But, an A for effort!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18656 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From past experiences I'd say most kids will either throw away or just refuse to take those.
just carl
Valued Member
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish my kid was in your hood. I've been showing her random coins for a while now so she'd appreciate them.
Learn More...
United States
78463 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not so sure how this will go over. The lack of collector interest in the young is not due to a lack of exposure, but due to a real lack of interest. I have gotten good feedback when giving away Pokemon cards for Halloween instead of candy, but I've never tried coins.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
78463 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kids still like money, I hope. Worst case they try to spend it?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05