Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Incomplete, Unclad 199? Roosevelt Dime. Keep Or Throw Away?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  12:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was traded this coin by a friend who said it was old for a cut out dime on a chain she liked. I knew as soon as I saw it that it wasn't old but traded anyway. She is my friend. When I took a closer look at it a few months later I saw that it was unclad and the coin has a high ridge and doesn't have the lines around the outer edge. The last number in the date is only seen as an edge of a number. I beive it to be 1992.I don't know how to use scales but put it on one where it was already set. It weighed 1.07. I put a dime from my change on next. It weighed 1.97 as did the next couple of dimes I weighed. It is dull grey color saying to me it is unclad. Is this something I should keep or just trash it? I have always collected Wheat penny and Buffalo nickles and any silver coins. I throw them in a drawer till recently and now have them properly housed. I think. Don't know anything about these coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like an interesting find.

If you can provide photos it would help us to offer you informed opinions and

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have followed the instructions and it is jpg format but can't locate them. I'm missing something somewhere to upload the pictures. Ot may take a few days but I will try to figure it out. This is all new to me
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13576 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@2277, first welcome to CCF. Second, I'm sorry that you are having trouble uploading your pics. Here is a link to the tutorial:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp

I look forward to seeing what you have.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the problem to be my laptop. Going tomorrow to get new one. Since I haven't been told to throw it out I'm getting a bit excited. So can't wait to send pictures. Especially after finding a 1966 dime today with the "we" missing in the " in God we trust". I noticed it as it appears to be unclad also. Maybe I'm being told to make this type of collecting my "major"so to speak. I collect bit of everything. Bills and coins. Lol.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I may have answered using a different section. I'm new at this and using my Android. So I'm sorry if I did. I will learn.
Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05