Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015-P Dime Double Die? S In Trust A 2?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  9:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nhigl1230 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So, to start off, I know that the coin is not very clean. I am not exactly sure what's going on with the obverse and I took a picture of the reverse to see if anyone knew more about the multiple things going on with this dime. I thought it was interesting, especially the s the word "trust" looking like a backwards 2. Is this possible? As I said with my 1983-p dime cud post, I am new to this but I did do a lot of research before asking any questions. Thanks and if I need to take a picture with less lighting let me know and I can have it posted for tomorrow.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40400 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very common on the 2015 forwards on these dimes. We see it almost as often as other common events. When you look at Variety Vista's listings, most of the doubled dies end in the early 70's. Just a few on the new dies. But my opinion this is cause by die deterioration and also die polishing to to remove feeder finger damage. The dies are just abraided too much. Just a die event that and they continue to use the die.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05