Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dollar Copper Coin? Truly Freak Unique And New Discovery Of The Centuries

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  06:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These copper coin is real accidently Freak Unique coin but not intentionally made Freak Unique coin after confirm by many local coin experts and dealers believe it is made fully copper otherwise mixed with the copper material during the processing and have seen thousands of pieces which are normal shade none of them are similar likes these coin to be honest with you these is absolutely not consider toning or oxidation right on surface because done my research Freak Unique coin is compare with normal shade coin together right for you to watch Please check it out on the scans below and let me knows of what you think there

Edited by Thecollectible
10/30/2019 05:52 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13589 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like copper in these pics. My concern would be that it had been plated, although the small circulation scratches may eliminate that possibility.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16024 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KM#64 reports 1 Ringgit as aluminum bronze, 24mm dia, 9.35 grams.
As such, newly minted coins should have golden color.
132,173,000 were minted for the date 1995.

If copper or bronze,
check the weight for 9.35 grams; it could be an off metal strike, the planchet intended for another coin type.

The Australian One Dollar coins are also of aluminium bronze (92% Cu, 6% Al, 2% Ni), 9.0 grams, 25mm dia, also have a golden color.

Edited by sel_69l
10/29/2019 07:42 am
Learn More...
Australia
13178 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The simplest test is: what's the weight? If it weighs exactly the same as a normal 1 ringgit, then I would presume it to be altered (plated / dipped / environmental damage). If the weight is significantly different from normal, that suggests it is indeed a wrong metal planchet.

And wrong metal planchets can happen all the time; they're hardly "unique" or a "discovery of the century". They're especially common at mints which do not produce their own blanks, but rather purchase planchets from South Korea (like Australia does). I'm not sure what the situation is with the mint in Malaysia.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first thought it was copper plated but it has few bag marks and black spots on the surface to prove that it is not copper plated maybe it was fully made of bronze without aluminium and became copper shade right on surface
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13589 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TC, can you please post the weight of this piece? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The original shade of these circulation coin is in golden shade as seen by many local coin experts and dealers but they have never seen these coin in copper shade before their experience for sure these copper coin is not counterfeit as confirmed by them to be honest with you and will measure the weight of these coin first whether it is difference than the normal weight first before sending to coin grading companies for verification and hopefully receive holder as result
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome and for sure will test the weight for sure there
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3164 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like copper washed, not plated. Unless we know the weight, further discussion is only as good as speculation.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The actual weight of these coin is 9.37 grams after measurement which is normal same apply to other similar coins for sure to be honest with you
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These circulation coin is not toning oxidation dip wash change colour plated made of copper and it is made of aluminium bronze which is normal likes other pieces for sure we are wrong of all our thought and opinion for the copper shade variation is more rare than golden shade variation because of many difference die strike during processing and both variations are considered as normal common shades likes what local coin expert dealer says explain and have to believe and agree what he said is true for his comment since he has been in these line for more than fifty years of his experience
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us come to conclusion for these topic and have more coins to show everyone right in these forum later there
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure not going to post these kind of coins anymore
Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The next will be posting very old coins will shock everyone there
Pillar of the Community
United States
2607 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since you took the coin to local coin experts and dealers, did any of them run XRF? Large dealers who buy gold should have one.

This would give a definitive answer (Al yes or no).

Pretty simple.

Looking forward to seeing your old coins!
Edited by tdziemia
11/08/2019 08:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3164 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The weight tolerance suggests that it is struck with a planchet within tolerance of the same type aluminium bronze. I do not believe a different metal planchet was used and will stick to my belief that it was copper washed.

Unless it is sent out for authentication with proper xrf - there is no real way of telling.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05