Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delaware

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 70 / Views: 4,648Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my NJ Saturday,I'm hoping to get them all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Posted - 01/11/2020 : 1:53 pm

My NJ RP Innovation $'s arrived today
Interesting, I bought my NJ RP January 7th. I just checked tracking info and it says it hasn't even been shipped out yet; all they did was post a sticker number.
I purchased a few things from the RCM too days later (January 9th) and Canada Post says my items are already stateside and should be in my hands by this time next week.
Wondering why the US Mint wasn't able to send me out my order yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you need to give them a call. I ordered my 2020-W proof ASE two days later and received it today.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered the 2018 and 2019 Proof sets and so far the Delaware and New Jersey Reverse Proofs.

I got a coupon from the mint for free Budget shipping so that adds further motivation to get the Georgia and PA reverse proofs.

My plan is - get a proof set every year, and every other year all the reverse proofs.

To me getting the circulating finish coins for a coin that is not in circulation may not be that great of an investment unless people start putting these into circulation (and I saw this happen this week - I got a 2016 Native American dollar - the code tracker comem - from a vending machine at the subway). If you have the funds and commitment then great go for it but if you have limited funds , I will have to pass. But the good thing about this series as NONE of these are in the proof, silver proof and uncirculated sets, the mintages will be much lower than any other dollar coin in recent history. The negatives are that the coins that will be bought in the future over premium will have to be either a) errors, missing edge lettering, double dies etc or b) an exceptional specimen in a series that I think has excellent quality already.

So for me I am very happy with the quality of the coins and the limited mintage and its great educational aspect (for once the Mint employs their packaging to excellent end by offering a concise summary about the innovation being celebrated on the coin when you buy the reverse proofs --- so this series could gain credible value for the quality of its educational materials -- as well as the high quality of the coins I have seen so far).

But definitely not expecting this to accrue much if any value over the price I paid (with risk as always of it depreciating) in my lifetime. I will be happy to just enjoy the stuff for now. And buying them from the mint (like a silver proof set or the Native American coin and currency) each year whenever possible saves me the effort on trying to fill in gaps in the secondary market.

As for the Presidential dollars, honestly the designs weren't that great for some of them and I think that was one of its flaws. It also commemorated mediocre leaders as well as great ones - sometimes within the same set. The only product the Mint issued that I thought was cool and smart was the Annual Uncirculated Dollar set in 2008 (not sure they did it in 06 or other years) but it was a wonderful product - all the clad dollars and the uncirculated American Silver eagle in one product for the year. That would be nice of the Mint to do maybe with the P,D Innovation dollars, P and D Native American dollar and the Uncirculated ASE. For me I would like that option to proofs and it would entice me to get an ASE - something I usually don't from the Mint as I think they could charge less (though tempted this year to get one as they plan to modify the design somewhat in 2021).
Edited by coinnewcomer1
02/03/2020 10:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a reminder.....The FIFTH Innovation $1 reverse-proof (2019 Georgia) is now available at the US Mint website.

Make sure you get them before they are sold out!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got my two Georgias!
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A collector friend bestowed one upon me ; I won't be a buyer but it's fun to have one for type. One.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1003 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems moronic that the Mint would want to raise the price of something that isn't selling. The logical solution would be to decrease the price. But then again, they are the government.
Retired collector.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10454 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The entire U.S. Mint catalog has seen some significant price hikes this year. I am scaling way back on my U.S. Mint purchases this year as a result of 1) my stupid amount of U.S. Mint spending last year (I'm talking about YOU, Apollo program!), 2) the stupid price hikes this year, and 3) the stupid Coronavirus and resulting market instability situation.

Sorry, U.S. Mint. Bullion may be flying out the door but you picked a bad time to hike prices on collector items.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 70 / Views: 4,648Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05