Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Will Be The Next "Flippable" Coin From The US Mint

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  8:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Obviously the recent enhanced eagle was an extreme case, but what are some other coins expected to release from the mint that might have a higher resell value?
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't see anything the other day I was glancing at the 2020 product schedule but that may change. The 2019 S ERP wasn't added til around mid-year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was on the US mint website and everything for 2020 looks like common, nothing that screams get me now!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing that has been announced
Fire A.J. Preller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The recent ERP was a late addition to the 2019 roster. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the 2019 ERP silver eagle around Sept 10th on the mint website, And it wasn't there much earlier than that because I got that 2018 American innovations reverse proof on Aug. 14th and it wasn't there yet and I was checking to find out when theyd be releasing the 4 2019 AI reverse proofs for this year pretty regularly. It just kind of popped up on there out of the blue.

I kind of like this mint director.. maybe hate him a little bit too at the same time, but I like he's doing things different, taking chances, and generating excitement for the hobby while also making some money for the mint too. I mean even when they make the 2019S Silver eagle ERP 30K max issue, noooo not good enough for the mint director, "let me hand sign the first 100 of the certificates of authenticity also as an added bonus!"

We got the W cents, the W quarters, pride of two nation's set and the ASE 2019S ERP with a low mintage. I'd think he's got more surprises and "something different" up his sleeve for next year too, but we won't find out about it until they are ready. Lol it kept me coming back multiple times this year to try to stay in the loop that's for sure.

There's this:
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...2020-release

It's not much info, but looks like they plan on doing next year something similar to this year with the "circulating rarities" hunt at least.

It's gonna be top secret until it's not a secret anymore.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/16/2019 09:33 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I kind of like this mint director.

I actually like him a lot, it's been a nice change of pace
Fire A.J. Preller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as I get a fair crack at the modern "rarities", I like him.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot there may be 1 thing that was announced by not on the schedule yet. There's supposed to be a joint set with GB for the Mayflower. IF and it's a big if the mintage is low enough and there isn't a crazy premium like a lot of Royal Mint products have there's some potential here. Likely it will end up being like the Australian and Portugal Apollo sets as the same commemorative from the US will be being used in to many products, but it's something to at least keep an eye out for to see what the details will be
Fire A.J. Preller
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found the 2019 ERP silver eagle around Sept 10th on the mint website, And it wasn't there much earlier than that because I got that 2018 American innovations reverse proof on Aug. 14th and it wasn't there yet and I was checking to find out when theyd be releasing the 4 2019 AI reverse proofs for this year pretty regularly. It just kind of popped up on there out of the blue.

I know it was at least up on 9/6 when I posted on the pride of two Nations forum. I think it was put up that day because I think I remember looking the day before and it wasn't there.
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I were take a guess in the dark, I would say the Morgan commemorative in 2021 if they decide to mint some at CC (assuming it gets signed into law).
Edited by mrpapageorgio
12/04/2019 11:25 am
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really hope it does
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There have been other discussions (I can't place the thread(s) at this time) about the possibility of a "pop-up mint" at CC for the Morgan commems. That would be really cool IMO.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pop up at CC really isn't financially viable for a commemorative program
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with CelticKnot, I had heard that if they did get authorization to make the Morgan and Peace dollar in 2021, they would be doing it as a CC to some extent.

from "Carson City Mint" Wikipedia
"On July 16, 2019, a bill was introduced proposing to strike commemorative Morgan and Peace dollars on the premises of the Nevada State Museum in 2021. If passed, the coins will feature the "CC" mint mark, becoming the first legal tender coins to do so in 128 years. Aside from adding a new date to both the Morgan and Peace dollar series, it would be the first time the Peace dollar is struck with the mint mark.
The bill has received support from many coin collectors, with the American Numismatic Association encouraging collectors to express their support. However, some collectors have voiced their concerns about the mintage limit of 500,000 pieces."

From Coinweek
"H.R. 3757, the 2021 Commemorative Silver Dollar Coin Act"
"Both also stressed the importance of the coins being dated "2021", not a dual date as is sometimes used on coin issues that celebrate anniversaries. As Mr. Uram said, "The next slot in your silver dollar album after 1921 should be 2021."

"Only two commemorative programs may be issued per year, and the silver dollar legislation is in competition with several other pending bills, including those for coins to honor Christa McAuliffe, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the Purple Heart award."

Fairly certain that they passed the Christa McAuliffe one already, "The coins would be dated 2021, the 35th anniversary of the Challenger disaster on January 28, 1986.". so I think only one more open spot in 2021....

The bills wording:
"This bill directs the Department of the Treasury to mint and issue up to 500,000 $1 silver coins in commemoration of the centennial of the re-minting of the Morgan silver dollar that was designed by George T. Morgan and the minting of the Peace silver dollar that commemorated the declaration of peace between the United States and the Imperial German government.
Treasury may issue such coins only for a one-year period, beginning on January 1, 2021"

If approved, they could make them technically anywhere they want to up to a 500,000 maximum mintage. They technically could do them P,D,S,W,CC of both Morgan and Peach dollars, and a mintage of 50k for each one. LOL or all at CC or W or S or P or D. however they decide to do it.

It's possible, or any combination as long as they stay at 500K of both designs total, no matter what it's 250K of each the way it's worded, not 500k of each.

I don't know what's in store for 2020, but that, for 2021, you should keep your eyes on.
My feeling is they will do the Tomb of the unknown soldier or the purple heart and miss the window for the $1 commemorative and let is slide on by instead of doing it for the potential ruckus it could create depending on how the mint does it, but heck, it sure would be exciting!
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pop up at CC really isn't financially viable for a commemorative program
I have to agree. I am not counting on this one.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05