Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Cent Is What Is Says. Is This A Brothel Token?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this a real brothel token? Its the same weight and has the same wear and tear as other large cents.

Learn More...
United States
16327 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waynoah83 I removed your last image as this is a family friendly forum as well as moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.

Not sure about a brothel token but graffiti such as this was fairly common back then.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry. I wasnt trying to be cute or anything. From my research this was a real thing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42667 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What forum was it moved to?
Learn More...
United States
16327 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
U.S. Classic

Quote:
Sorry. I wasnt trying to be cute or anything. From my research this was a real thing.

I realize that. It was just the image that was not allowed

ANA LM1214396
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2849 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not see the last image, not that I really need to. Was the word "cent" altered? If so, my LCS showed me one of these, and I am sure that it has occurred to many people over the years. .
Learn More...
United States
16327 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oriole, yes. CENT was altered.
ANA LM1214396
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42667 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty then!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1651 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfransch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common on flying eagles cents as well.
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah sorry. The altered reverse rhymed with bunt. After looking at it again you csn see where the metal was moved around. Pretty clever. I honestly thought it was a fake but was wondering why go through the trouble to make a fake that good. The wear and shape and everything looked so real and now I know why...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15985 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a brothel token, just a cent that someone altered. If it were a real brothel token there would have been a WHOLE lot more of them being "privately" made. There are no genuine US brothel tokens good for services, just a few that are good for drinks at the bars associated with the brothel.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1458 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In before someone post an altered Flying Eagle cent.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05