Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1943 Copper Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
78 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Djrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this coin in a roll I put a magnet to it and nothing can someone give me some input and advise please..thank you

Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes you think it is 1943? I can't see any sign of a date.
Edited by lcutler
12/05/2019 04:46 am
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Djrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have several of the 1943 and just by comparing them is all. More of a guess I have been looking and reading and I can't find any info.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is just an extremely damaged cent, the odds of it being a 1943 would be absolutely astronomical.
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Djrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also found a 1957 d and maybe you can tell me if it's a possible do I will post it in a min
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14496 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rather than finding a copper '43, it seems much more likely that you have a circulated copper cent from a different year 1909 - 1958, but one that has solder or some other substance covering much of the coin.

@djrob, glad to see your '57-D, just please start a new thread for that one. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Edited by Spence
12/05/2019 04:54 am
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Djrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of what I figured but again it doesn't stick to a mag and it's almost identical to my 1943.. well good convo piece I guess..thank you for your input bud
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12410 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is a Wheat cent possibly covered in solder . It is not a 43 copper .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43873 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything resembling a date, much less '43.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41723 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like Solder on the coin on the reverse. It is altered coin. Just a Wheat cent now. The weight will show it is over 3.11 grams. (because of the added weight to the coin)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
12/05/2019 8:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like someone was practicing soldering back in the day to become a plumber.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05