Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What Have You Done And/Or Will Do With Your 2019 S Erp ASE?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
I've been watching the banter on the 2019S Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE thread for a while and I am curious about future plans for them. So, let's do a poll at this point talking about your ERP ASE:

Poll Choices
  Mine is in the OGP and staying with me
  Mine is in the OGP and has been / will be sold
  Mine has been / will be graded and is staying with me
  Mine has been / will be graded and sold
  I didn't get one but will be purchasing one
  I didn't get one and don't care

Edited by Bump111
12/13/2019 6:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are mine in their harem

Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Here are mine in their harem

Sweet set. Have you been collecting ASEs for a while?
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Currently mine is OGP. Eventually it will go into an airtite and into an album.

With its friends:

Edited by bzookaj
12/13/2019 8:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sweet set. Have you been collecting ASEs for a while?

Actually the ERP was the first non "bullion" ASE I ever purchased. I do have ASE from 1998 till present but those are all "bullion". I only got the others because I went to the Philly mint and picked them up. I like ASE but I doubt I'll collect them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice family pic. Thanks for sharing Bazooka Joe. I enjoyed your gum as a child, by the way.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1697 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You missed a choice

I just sent mine out to be gold plated.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since this is arguably one of the two "crown jewels" of ASEs, I decided to have it graded in the chance I decide to sell it down the line and to have the chance of having a "perfect" crown jewel. That said, I'm keeping it unless made an offer I can't refuse.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
12/13/2019 9:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adding another option...

Really wanted one. Didn't get one. Now can't afford one :)
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Edited by ElonU
12/13/2019 10:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies for omitting the gold plating option - obviously a popular choice and value adder!

The early poll results are interesting. Is anyone surprised by the responses so far based on the attention this issue has gotten?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Elon. I missed that option as well and sorry you missed out initially. I honestly think these will be available for sane money in the not too distant future.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually a little, I thought more would be slabbed but I guess as many are still being graded that's why we here more.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The early poll results are interesting. Is anyone surprised by the responses so far based on the attention this issue has gotten?

About what I expected, the only somewhat surprise is the two sold raw given the big upside for a 70 especially if it was a signed one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took the afternoon off and took a trip to 2 LCS, we talked about the ERP and both said one should sell now, neither believes the price will hold. Both will admit that they were expecting it to sell around $500-$800 not $1400 plus and they have a hard time justifying the price. They also said that major dealers have been picking these up and are one of the reason it's so high, with lots of speculators also picking these up. But again both are saying it's too speculative for them to have more 1 on hand, so neither are actively looking for any. But if you have one sell it, and both admit that they have no crystal ball but being in the business it's seems priced too high for the quantity available.

Me, I thought it would go $850-$950, and I'm surprised at the price. But I'm not selling mine so selling price doesn't really affect me. I like that's it's worth 20x more than I paid thought but I feel bad for all the collectors that didn't get 1.
Edited by hfjacinto
12/13/2019 10:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if the ones sold raw were examples of "strike while the iron is hot?" And perhaps to give the buyer a chance at the unknown.

Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if the ones sold raw were examples of "strike while the iron is hot?" And perhaps to give the buyer a chance at the unknown.

While I do believe in that generally, there's no way I could do that with this one. I'd have to know if there was a signed in there or not of it would drive me crazy and if I opened it and there was especially if it was 1 something would go flying across the room . It just surprises me in this case because this is really the only thing we've seen in years and years where even with express grading no matter the grade there is no way you could lose if you got it from the mint. If there was ever a product to risk trying to get a 70 it was this one.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05