Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

DDR If So New Discovery!!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  09:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So FG initials are Split completely. Thers extra pillars in memorial ans the edges of memorial have ehat looks like doubling well photos speak for it self. I'm thinking about sending this in for discovery... any opinions

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
930 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the date and mint of the Coin?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would the date and mint matter if it's a DDR or not? Could be a new Discovery for this year. There are no known ddrs for this year and mint... Idk if it's a good idea to state what year due to someone could try and find one if the same nature and turn in for a new Discovery & #129300;... but I'm trying to figure out whether a DDR or not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2688 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date is important so we can check if it is listed or not.

What's the date?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So that's the Obverse of the coin and the first photos are of its Rev.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2688 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:42 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's 1DR-001, which is a pretty nice find, especially in this condition.

http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to see a photo of reverse 'CENT'. Looking for the die marker near the rim, below 1992 on the obverse.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42258 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1992 Profile of the face is normal:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1824 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we please take a moment to discuss values of these such error coins? Everyone wants to discover a new variety or "send it in" which means, I assume, for grading? Having an error coin graded/labelled cost money, the amount varies from who you send it in to, but starts at what? $50-$65 or thereabouts? My question is, taking a coin with an error such as this one, what actual real value does it add? I am under the impression that there are those here who think they hit the motherload and they're rich! The reality is, the actual increased value is what? A few dollars, and even then if the coin is in BU condition? I bring this up not to dissuade anyone, because the process of finding errors is a fun endeavor. Some errors such as the 1955 double date is worth a lot, but not all errors are in that class. We just have so many new comers its only fair to be realistic regarding the endgame and what values added really are. Am I off base here?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42258 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of information on the internet about over hyped values. Best to not listen to the hype. (I don't) Sure I have variety coin videos on the internet, but you will never see a value attached to them. I make my presentation and plant the seed. Other try to spin things way out of control. When they mention money in the title, Pass! There is not set price. It varies like the stock market. Grade/condition/demand all affects value for a coin. If someone asks to much for a coin, make him your offer, and then move on.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1824 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, can we at lease temper expectations, and say, "on average" the odd DDR discovery brings only a few dollars value, tops (if you can get it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1824 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, can you please post a link to your YouTube videos here? I think there are many new people that could benfit from the education. Thanks Coop.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flokizomb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not in it for the $$. Honestly I could give a rat's behind on the price its valued for. I am trying to get my name down on the books as the Discoverer of this Variety. I wanna show that I put in my time and effort to accomplish something as that. So above all Is this a DDR new Discovery or is this just something else? I've got it all packaged up to send out, but cant decide whether to send to someone like James Wiles or to NGC.?
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry about folks here stealing your thunder if you find a new listing.

They will all help point you in the right direction for attribution.

I posted 2 DDR Jefferson nickels not 2-3 weeks ago on this forum. Coop saw they weren't listed, got me in touch the correct person and boom....I had 2 new 2019 DDRs in my name. There are some really good people here who want to help out fellow collectors.
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Edited by ElonU
12/28/2019 4:27 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05