Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does This IHC Look Funny To You?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  4:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a listing for a 1867/67 IHP IHC. Something looks off to me about it, though. The date seems too strong relative to the overall condition of the obverse. Am I seeing things, or does something seem fishy?

Seller is asking $90.

Edited by CoinsInVT
01/09/2020 1:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44785 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could we see the reverse, please.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4450 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, it does.
It looks like an IHC.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL first thought I had was International House of Pancakes?

Not sure about it be legit though it does look a bit wanky at first impression. Pictures of both side (i suck at pictures) might the experts!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44785 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just the reverse pic, please.
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the delay. Here is the reverse of the IHC

Learn More...
United States
24375 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks OK to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7189 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fine, just uneven wear.
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44785 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fine to me as well, though unsure of actual color.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1185 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy from Smith's coins a lot. They are very trustworthy. John and his Daughter Chelle (Michelle) are good people.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7189 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be an S-1, repunched 67
Pillar of the Community
United States
3419 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am with edweather on this. Definitely a RPD (RePunchedDate)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12674 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1867/67 RPD . Not for me in this condition .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05