Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI I'm Debra. I Think I Have A DDO 1993 D Quarter Error Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  2:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sinay62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
"In God we trust" the 9's on the date, and The E,B Liberty, the mint mark has a bump to left side. Any help would be appreciated, thankyou

Edited by sinay62
01/13/2020 2:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good pictures (although it would be helpful if you rotated them), but looks like just Machine Doubling to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2821 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF...I believe Samcoin statements are true...check out Varietyvista.com for all ddo/ddrs and rpms that are known...good luck on future finds..and have fun
Learn More...
United States
84018 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43178 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another point about taking images. I see you are shining (spotlighting) the area you want us to see. If you have too much light, that area will glare and hide what you are wanting to show us. So the best way it to allow light and shadows to happen on a coin shot. Allow the light to fall across by rotating the coin 90-180 degrees opposite of what you think you should show it. The allows the light to show and fall across the devices:

Note on this image that is a doubled die, the light creates a shadow (darker area) where the light fall across a depressed area on the device. Placing the the light on the opposite side of the coin, remove that shadow. While your image is not causing a glare, having the light in the opposite direction will a allow the light to fall over the area you want to show, with out spotlighting it. While every one is correct as this being Machine Doubling, I though I would give you a tip on how to get images to show even more on each image you take.
When people create the glare (which you did not) there is a trick I use to expose the hidden area:

This trick is called "invert images". It turns the color into the opposite color. Allowing what is glaring to be dark instead. So by allowing the light to fall across the devices, you are inverting the images to show devices better by changing coin light direction. Hope this helps.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05