Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Historical Prices Of Silver Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 780Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
193 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  10:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add twoods to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I noticed today that a dealer was buying Canadian silver dollars for $13.36

Does anyone recall what the historical high/low prices for these dollars has been?

Thank you for any help that can be provided...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8120 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be the bullion value silver dollar price.
The historical highs and lows would coincide with the price of silver.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17401 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check the current spot silver price, and compare that to the historical price history chart for
1 year
2 years
5 years
10 years
20 years
or
50 years,
depending on what your future event horizon happens to be, when you may consider to sell.

The bullion silver coin price should closely parallel the pure bullion silver charts mentioned above.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3698 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The low would of course be $1.0!

During the crazy silver spike of 1980, dealers were not paying as close to bullion because they feared a crash (which did happen), and some were not buying at all.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3189 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on 3000 posts, Oriole!
Valued Member
Canada
468 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember silver being at $51 Cdn., I believe that was in the early 80's. That would make a silver dollar worth $30 in bullion value then. With inflation, it would be even more compared to $13.36 now (was that 13.36 Cdn. or US offered?).
Late 80's/early 90's, I sold some silver dollars at $17 Cdn. ea. (I think the US and Cdn. dollar were much closer to even then).
Edited by TerryT
01/17/2020 7:53 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 780Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05