Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With A 1959 D Lincoln Cent Kindly

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  9:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerrid fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I purchased a whole roll of 1959 d Lincoln pennies at a police auction. The listing was titled 1959 D " SMALL DATE" yet I cannot find any relevant information to a 1959 d small date coin existing. I have a cple 1955d ms 66 graded NGC coins and my whole roll of 50 1959d pennies are in equal to better condition. Any info is appreciated. I thank you kindly!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
7946 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

There is no such thing as a 1959D small date. They are all the same.
Edited by JimmyD
01/15/2020 9:37 pm
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerrid fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you tell me how one would tell a 59 small date vs a 59 large date? The coin roll was sold thru an auction house from Tudor Coins... Here is the listing title copied..."1959-D Small Date Pennies Federal Reserve Of Chicago Original Bank Wrapped Roll UNCIRCULATED!!"""
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerrid fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please Look at these 9's appears they have some unique characteristics or am I seeing things? Please help and provide followon info thanks for noit being rude

the difference between large date coins and small date coins is not going to be the same with different types of coins. So it all depends on which type of coin you are talking about.
Edited by jerrid fox
01/15/2020 10:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1875 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As JimmyD said above, there is not a distinction between a large date and a small date 1959, because there is only one type size for that date. Don't believe everything you read marked on your coin roll. Perhaps someone thought your coins were smaller than normal, but they were incorrect. All 1959 and 1959-D cents are all the same size.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32034 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerrid fox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was not going by what was written on a coin roll, I was going by what the Auction service, A police auction site, had listed as the title for the lot. I have since sent an email to them to finally follow up in this regard to make sure that a reputible coin dealer was not misrepresenting something to bid up the lo. Either way, I have 50 MS66 or better 1959D coins all in shiney uncirculated condition if anyone would Like to Purchase a couple or so please feal free to reply.. I thank you all for your opinions and I know it comes from years of experiance. I have since found that The Denver Mint was notorious for switching Dies so there could be a possibility. I will have to get a couple samples graded to be for sure.. Thanks again all and I look forward to being able to use this forum as a resource.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32034 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are not allowed to buy/sell/trade as of yet. Please read the rules. Need better pics,but they do not look like as high as MS66.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
82574 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05