Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 D Nickel Broken Die Error

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,236Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not good at this
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Twenty eight of the forty coins in this roll have different stages of this die collapse...
Learn More...
United States
16051 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nibor, first welcome to CCF. Second, the picture-posting can be a little tough, but these aren't too bad. What would help most is an overall photo of this nickel taken straight on. I suspect that there is dried clear glue on the surface of this coin, but that view might help to confirm.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing on these nickels they are BU....dont insult me
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26664 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody is insulting you. Not sure why you're getting upset.
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would I even ask if something like suggested was even possible, this roll was lost somewhere or something, the wrapper is very old, obviously it wasn't searched, I don't think anyone would intentionally sell this amount of errors all coin after coin in succession...it is what it is, and what I think it is , is a broken die run coming off the press because there are some less damaged and some even worse? I tried to post other photos but for some reason only this one posted.....I'll try again
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why was the original post on this issue locked....did I do something wrong?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When forum members reply to your post they are putting ideas out there to think about, not trying to insult anyone. This is an educational forum and we are all here to learn. There are members with a lot of knowledge, please keep an open mind. I think your first post was locked because pictures were needed and with a new post more members would look at it. Happy hunting and I hope you make a lot more posts!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mean to be short, but I posted a serious question, I don't deal in hoaxes, these coins have straight up mint damage, errors so large and blatant don't come along very often especially in multiples back to back, as in the progressive shattering of a die
Pillar of the Community
United States
3178 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about pixs of the entire coin (obv/rev)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a full obverse and full reverse pic of one of the coins This will help the forum members to better comment on what might be going on with the Coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
960 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Greasy Fingers, I must have been typing when your post came up
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Check chrisof4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chrisof4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure why you are being so defensive. These people want to help you, but you did not exactly hand them the coins in hand for their evaluation. They have nothing other than your description and pictures to confirm your finding. You have provided limited photographs, so all they have is your word. If you are not asking them to help confirm your finding, then what are you looking for? If you do want their help to confirm your finding, you have to do your part.
The first part of that is to keep an open mind and not be so defensive. It is possible, however unlikely, you might be wrong.
The 2nd part is to post pictures to so these people can help you. Each coin gets its own thread. Post a picture of the coin showing the entire obverse, the entire reverse, and then any relevant closeup photographs. That way they can do a reasonable job of evaluating your finding.
to the forum. I look forward to seeing photographs and watching how this unfolds.
Learn More...
United States
14413 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  04:53 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have added it this time, but you should include the date, mintmark, and the denomination in your titles.

Why Topic Titles are Important

The title of your topic is very important. Let's say you need help attributing an 1896 Morgan Dollar....

• Horrendous: Help!

• Bad: Need help with coin

• Better: Need help with Morgan Dollar

• Good: Need help with 1896 Morgan Dollar

• Awesome: Need help with VAM on 1896 Morgan Dollar

This enables the members with expertise pertaining to your question to easily find and answer your question. The title of the topic also becomes the title of the topic's web page, which enables us to attract more collectors to the site. The more members we have, the more we learn.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  06:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying but these will have to do for now...

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05