Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeing All Graded Coins On PCGS Site

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  06:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If I go to https://www.PCGS.com/valueview/vict...7876&g=61&h= for example it seems like PCGS has graded 15 such coins. Is there any way I can see all 15 of them? Three are shown across the top but that's all I can seem to find.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16457 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess that you cannot.
The pictures would commercial in confidence between PCGS and each of their clients.

The population report is all that you would get, and the only information the collector base really needs, anyway.
Just be thankful that PCGS has provided population reports at their own expense, free of charge, for us all to utilize.

As most of us know, PCGS Photograde provides sample pictures of graded U.S. coins
Edited by sel_69l
01/23/2020 06:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1614 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS doesn't have images for most coins they grade. PCGS Gold Shield (with the shield on the label) includes imaging as part of the service -- for those coins, the image is shown on the certification page for the specific number on the label (but you have to know the number, you can't just search for one).

Otherwise, you just have whatever images they have for each population report (typically the highest graded they have available), or whatever images might be available for each auction among the recent sales (but those take a lot of clicks to land on, assuming you can get there at all).
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
726 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sel
It's doubtful that the pictures are in confidence with their clients as the small print specifically states that the images belong to PCGS and that they can utilize them as they wish. I've had coins of mine in the images that they show including a coin that I submitted. I don't mind that they use the images.
I'd also have to disagree that the 3 images are all that the collector base needs as those of us interested in identifying individual dies need all the images that we can get; plus even the less advanced collector might want to see certain varieties and as an example the so called S/D 1943 shilling has several slabbed examples up to MS65 but none are shown on the PCGS website.
Plus the images are provided free of charge on the website not as a kind gesture but for sound commercial reasons (if you keep going to THEIR website to look at coins then you are not on a rivals website and when the time comes to submit coins for grading you will most likely go with what you are used to).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4695 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  02:19 am  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 3 coins shown are plate coins, the nicest ones that PCGS has images of..so they post them as examples of the issue. The rest can't be accessed without knowing the cert number of the coin itself.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16457 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks neal and thedollarman - shame, because I agree that three isn't enough when you're trying to do some research.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05