Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barber Dime 1892-1916

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, everybody.
Since my main collection is Barber dime, I would like to show you my collection,as well as look at your instances.
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start. One of my favorite coins is the 1896-O dime coin with a low FA02 class.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12628 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to post photos of both sides of the coin . If the reverse is like the obverse then I'm afraid I don't agree with NGC's grade . IMHO should be PO-01 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Revers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1405 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it has a hole in it
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For some one that lives very far away you do well!! I like Barber dimes also. I only have 1 though :( I really like the reverse. Of the Barber series I'm not a fan of the quarters and half dollars but in the Dime and nickels I like the series.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44655 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barber dimes are an interesting series to collect. I have been researching (and collecting) the design transition varieties 1899-1905 for the past year or so. The Barber Coin Collectors' Society has a wealth of information in their journal archives here (I guess their website is blocked? so search for it) as well as other links. Set your email on in your profile and I can send you copies of my dime articles (the online archives only go through 2015). Bowers' "Guidebook of Barber Silver Coins" is also a good reference. Post some more of your dimes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
868 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slerk, are you putting together a low grade collection? I forget the exact term for it, but I know a lot of collectors do such. I have a full barber set, most are in the good to very good condition. Are you collecting in Russia, or is that just your avatar? Best of luck and thanks for sharing.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44655 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That does look like a small hole!
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That does look like a small hole!
I think so too,but I'm not sure.
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you collecting in Russia, or is that just your avatar?
Yes, I am a collector from Russia. I do live here .
I don't have a goal to collection in a low graded . I buy the coins that I see on eBay and that I can afford . In addition, not many sellers are willing to send coins abroad, so the choice is quite poor
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Someone asked me to show more coins from my collection.
Here is the 1894 VG08 coin.Why did she get a grade instead of a Det? There is damage on it and it is very serious.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6444 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why did she get a grade instead of a Det? There is damage on it and it is very serious

Might be a significant strike thru error. Can you get a closeup pic of that spot on the rev?
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/359443&whichpage=1
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Russian Federation
34 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, I don't have access to my coin right now. I can only show it:

Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05