Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identify Chinese Cash Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Finland
3 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  08:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wonner14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any Help Identifying these four Chinese cash coins would be greatly appreciated.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32057 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
22830 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community

I only have a limited knowledge about Chinese coinage so I will wait to here what some of our experts in that area have to say. I'm sure they will be along to help.

In the future if you could only post one or two coins per thread it makes it easier for them to be identified.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2030 Posts
Finland
3 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonner14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for link but I have gone through this site and a couple of the coins have similarities to those listed but don't exactly match, and some of the coins are completely different. I'm not sure if all 4 are Chinese or are some from another region in Asia.
Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5814 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check also on https://zeno.ru/

I suspect the second is a charm, the other three might be from Korea or Vietnam - I dont think any of them are Chinese, exceptbfor maybe 1. I never could get the hang of reading the coins which is why I never really got into Chinese coins. Our two resident experts, TypeCoin and AnYangMan no longer visit frequently - they would be able to identify in a heartbeat.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
861 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are any or all cast from iron?
Valued Member
Netherlands
90 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AnYangMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe somebody called! I had suspected Thomas to already have been here (although he is quite busy nowadays), but we both lurk here now and then.

As for these, I am afraid these are all relatively modern reproductions. None of these imitate coins, but are indeed all Charms. But their lacklustre craftsmanship, clumsy calligraphy and fake patina betray that they are of recent manufacture. There's a fair amount of these on the bay at any given time.
Finland
3 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wonner14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info AnYangMan
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05