Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cherry Picked From Eaby 1937 S LWC MS66 RD In A ICG Holder

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  02:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

BUT there is more lol. I bid this coin for 18 bucks on ebay I won the bid. SO it is actually a 1937 S DDO ICG did not catch it. I noticed this and that's why I tossed in a Bid. It Has the right Doubling in the letters, as the WDDO 001 BUT none of the Die marker's at all. This coin also has a lil doubling on the nose None of the other coin have this as I could see. Also SORRY about the poor pictures its in a slab and my setup well as you can see sucks when the coins are in a slab lol. looks like it might be a new DDO

Edited by Daves Errors
01/27/2020 02:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2614 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like ddo-001 to me...early die state ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Lettering and the Date yes but the rest no.None of them on Wexler or VV have the nose issue unless I missed it. Ill have to bust it out of the slab and send it in. ALSO I think ICG got the grade wrong. It's more of a 64 +/65...
Edited by Daves Errors
01/27/2020 12:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4450 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And it's not RD, at least not anymore.
Most likely BN now.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44749 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score!
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kanga it's still a Red Brown Not a BN coin yet coin. just POOR PICTURES.
Edited by Daves Errors
01/27/2020 12:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coinfrog.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25115 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great cherry pick!
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
2000 P LMC With Retained Struck Through error. http://goccf.com/t/357080
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done! Very nice coin. ANACS has been, in my opinion, been pretty harsh as to red, rb or brown. Things I think are RD go RB and things I think are RB go BR. How you get a nice score with this one as it deserves it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TB. I have a question to ask. Did ICG mess up or the sender of the coin? SO if I was the sender and did not see the Doubling but ICG did should they let me know so I can send more money and have it graded as a DDO or did they just not catch the doubling also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  01:26 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is my understanding that if you don't mention it they won't put it on the label even if they see it
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyes4Error to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is my understanding that if you don't mention it they won't put it on the label even if they see it

That was my understanding as well... when you send it in you have to assert what you are having them look for. But I haven't submitted anything yet... So I am sure you'll get better feedback on this from others. But yes I would re-send ;)
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK so I busted it out of the slab lol. I am still thinking it might have a chance as a Red if not a RB but more of a MS65 not a MS66.I will send it in to MR Wiles. I am thinking it might get a new listing. The coin has different Die Markers then the ones on MR Wexler's site and the ones on V V it's only ten buck to know for sure lol. I also need to start shopping around for better gear for taking pictures.Mine is old time for a upgrade. Thanks everyone for you help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1017 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score of a VEDS coin.
I agree that it is WDDO-001. MM placement seems to match and the verticle feeder finger lines N-S next to the E of ONE seems to match.
Have you tried an overlay with yours to check?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1823 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent score !
Yours appears to be a bit later die state than the example that Wexler showes. The single feeder finger line that Wexler showes on the reverse of his example is present on your coin . Other feeder finger lines have developed by rhe time your coin was struck.
More feeder finger damage had occurred by the time one of my examples was struck, Here is that coin

I have an even later die state example where that damage has basically disappeared altogether.
The doubling on the nose is probably related to the forehead doubling on all the coins of that time. It's there on my examples.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05