Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Half Anna 1876 British India (Share Your Coins)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  1:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
This coin is better I can find.
I havent never saw the one above xf.
Find the info, that highest grade was MS60
coin from Diana Collection.
How You grade this coin? VF?
Please share Yours coins!

Robert

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44961 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say mid-VF sounds right.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16474 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the shape of the design is there, but very worn on the high points.
VG (British grading)- slightly bent.
A scarcer denomination, - probably the reason why hard to find in higher grades. Half Anna not represented in my collection.

The only fractional Anna's (about a dozen), that I have in my collection are 1/4's, covering a date range of about 100 years. All MS-60 and better.
Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Guys for Your opinions.

sel_69l from my expierience with NGC grading/sheldon grade,
i think that the grade of coin is near Good Fine (UK grading)/VF20-30 ;)
And it have not a belt, but some dirty :)

Yeah, some 1/4 annas is very common in higher grades, but among them are very hard to find too.

sel_69l can You posts your 1/4 annas? :)

Robert
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gF I would say.
And I would agree that finding a half anna in better condition is very challenging.
Valued Member
New Zealand
101 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite a weak strike

I would say Fine to Fine+ as some patches are flat and there is a lot of wear of all over. The side with the queen is slightly better.
Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Princetan and Mr T! :)

I make this grade scale, maybe it will be usefull to someone.

Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And more natural photo of my half anna 1876, I think NGC grading will be possible VF25.

Have somebody this coin in AU or better? I want to see this one!

Robert
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure why they are generally in such poor condition - the 1862 coins I understand, but when were they withdrawn? Surely some nicer 1876 examples should exist.
Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the NGC Sensus (report showing the number of the graded coins by the type and grade) follows that 1876 year is one of the rarest for 1/2 anna and 1/4 anna Bombay mint.
The highest grade NGC for 1/2 anna 1876 is AU58, it is no any proof, and for 1/4 anna 1876 Bombay mint highest grade is XF45 (I have two f-vf)

Robert
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1445 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hm, maybe they did circulate for a while then.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19120 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 at best.
Poland
29 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IndianGoldEagle thank You for your opnion!

Mr T, yeah maybe this a reason.

R.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05